Bosasa executive to blow the whistle on corruption

sox63

Executive Member
A senior former Bosasa executive has threatened to blow the whistle on "racketeering, corruption and money laundering that I have been aware of over the last 18 years".
Angelo Agrizzi, the former chief operations officer of the controversial Bosasa group of companies, announced his decision in a press statement sent to various media houses and Bosasa's CEO Gavin Watson on Tuesday night.
Bosasa now trades under the name African Global Operations (AGO).
Agrizzi says in his statement that he will expose "high-level people, government officials as well as public office bearers currently in government positions, parastatals and state-owned enterprises".
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...ve-to-blow-the-whistle-on-corruption-20180822

This is going to be massive! I would be okay with him getting some sort of immunity for 18 years of corruption if he spills on everyone

sox63

Executive Member
You mean like the #GuptaLeaks were? I doubt anything will come of this.
This is a specific Exec level person who has openly identified himself and said "I and others did this...". #GuptaLeaks were just that, leaks that no specific employee owned up to and thus investigations will take much longer.

As the saying goes, this guy knows where the bodies are buried...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
This is a specific Exec level person who has openly identified himself and said "I and others did this...". #GuptaLeaks were just that, leaks that no specific employee owned up to and thus investigations will take much longer.

As the saying goes, this guy knows where the bodies are buried...
Many people know where the bodies are buried, and we've seen very little movement on stuff that has been revealed over time... doubt this will be much different.,

R13...

Honorary Master
Don't hold out much hope for anything happening to him. That Mti is as slippery as that Mozambican guy.
A report by the Special Investigating Unit (SIU) found in 2008 that Bosasa had bribed Mti, former DCS finance chief Patrick Gillingham and other departmental officials. Although the report was handed to the National Prosecuting Authority in 2009, no criminal prosecution has followed the publication of the SIU report and Bosasa has continued to score government work from the departments of justice, home affairs and Airports Company South Africa (Acsa).

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
Agrizzi says in his statement that he will expose "high-level people, government officials as well as public office bearers currently in government positions, parastatals and state-owned enterprises".
I would be more surprised if you show me a "clean"/corruption free ANC politician/government officials . We have been exposed to so many corruption issues from high level/ government officials ... the shock effect is long gone.

And nothing happens to these corrupt people. Have an inquiry and just nothing happens. All that actually happens is that tomorrow another corruption story breaks...

Emjay

Executive Member
Why are we applauding this guy? He has been aware of this for 18 years? We should be hanging him. Was he ever on the Board? If so, he had a fiduciary duty to come forward. This happens because people let it happen.

18 years... The mind boggles.

"I have decided pursuant to great thought, prayer and consideration to provide comprehensive details on all the activities at the Bosasa group of companies and myself whilst I was employed there. I have tried to not report on the activities in an attempt to potentially save the jobs of the people concerned. It is however in my best interest to disclose the matters to all involved, and I think the most appropriate platform would be the judiciary and the free press which I will be using," his statement reads.
What complete and utter BS.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Why are we applauding this guy? He has been aware of this for 18 years? We should be hanging him. Was he ever on the Board? If so, he had a fiduciary duty to come forward. This happens because people let it happen.

100% this...

Let him blow the whistle, then arrest him and charge him along with everyone else.

R13...

Honorary Master

He's worse than that Eskom woman actually. This prayer thing he claims is BS, he's coming out because he trying to save his own behind from the oncoming storm.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
I wasn't really aware of Bosasa, since they don't deal with the public:
A report by the Special Investigating Unit (SIU)found in 2008 that Bosasa had bribed Mti, former DCS finance chief Patrick Gillingham and other departmental officials. Although the report was handed to the National Prosecuting Authority in 2009, no criminal prosecution has followed the publication of the SIU report and Bosasa has continued to score government work from the departments of justice, home affairs and Airports Company South Africa (Acsa).

The company's multi-million rand catering tender was extended during the term of former prisons boss Tom Moyane.
Now there's another link...

Gordon_R

Executive Member
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/art...nt-smith-after-controversial-bosasa-payments/

News24 over the weekend reported that Smith in 2015 and 2016 received cash and benefits to the tune of R870 000 from Angelo Agrizzi, then-chief operations officer at Bosasa.

At the time, Smith was the chairperson of the parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Correctional Services that investigated Bosasa’s involvement in alleged corruption relating to state tenders.

Jackson Mthembu, the ANC’s chief whip in Parliament, blamed the timing of the News24 report on the party’s position on expropriation without compensation, insinuating that Smith – who serves as chair of the constitutional review committee looking at land reform – is being targeted.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Sounds like security upgrades were done as a means to influence several politicians: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/bosasa-ministers-bonanza-20180909-2

Facility management company Bosasa treated a long list of high-profile ministers and government functionaries to high-tech security systems for their homes.

The company, now known as African Global Operations, has, since at least 2013, installed high-end CCTV cameras, alarm systems and electric fencing for ministers Gwede Mantashe and Nomvula Mokonyane, and deputy minister Thabang Makwetla.

Also on the receiving end of Bosasa’s largesse were former SAA chairperson Dudu Myeni, former prisons boss Linda Mti, and one-time procurement manager for the Passenger Rail Agency of SA, Mbulelo Gingcana. Top ANC MP Vincent Smith rounds off the list, as News24 reported this week.

schumi

Honorary Master
Bosasa security upgrades: Mantashe speaks out

ANC national chair and mineral resources minister Gwede Mantashe has spoken out about security upgrades at his home and other properties undertaken by controversial corruption accused company Bosasa.

During an exclusive interview with Mantashe at the offices of the mineral resources ministry in Pretoria, he denied aspects of a News24 report that detailed the equipment installed at his properties and disputed the value thereof.

Mantashe also distanced himself from Bosasa, which changed its name to African Global Operations last year, saying that his ANC security detail had taken care of his security arrangements while he served as secretary general of the party.

He claimed he was not personally aware of who the service provider was.

Security installed

ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe did not respond to detailed questions seeking to confirm Mantashe’s claims.

News24 revealed earlier this month that Bosasa had installed CCTV systems and electric fencing at Mantashe’s Boksburg home and two properties in Cala and Elliot in the Eastern Cape.

Mantashe confirmed that CCTV systems had been installed, but denied that he had also received electric fencing at any of his properties.

“And in fact, there never was [electric fencing],” Mantashe said.

He maintained that his Boksburg home had palisade fencing installed many years ago and his properties in rural Eastern Cape had barbed wire fences.

Details of the installations at high-profile government leader’s homes are contained in an affidavit by a former Bosasa employee, who for his safety asked not to be identified.

The employee detailed how, with the knowledge and often under the instruction of Bosasa CEO Gavin Watson, CCTV, electric fencing and alarm systems were installed at the homes of Mantashe, communications minister Nomvula Mokonyane and deputy correctional services minister Thabang Makwetla.

Makwetla confirmed that Bosasa had installed the systems at his home and in a detailed statement claimed he had repeatedly requested Watson to provide him with an invoice.

According to the affidavit CCTV and recording systems, alarms and perimeter lighting to the value of R300 000 were installed at Mantashe’s three properties and the employee maintained that he was instructed to install the systems by Bosasa director, Papa Leshabane.

More at:
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/bosasa-security-upgrades-mantashe-speaks-out-20180930

sox63

Executive Member