Bottleshop is gone - took everyone's cash

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I'm sending an email there now. I seriously hope they're not gone. They were my go-to store. Yeah, orders took their sweet time to arrive, but they always did make it right. I have a few hundred bucks in rewards points there...

Splinter

Honorary Master
Odd. I saw this app mentioned as top 3 in some category in the latest Stuff magazine. I loaded the app but havent used it yet. Almost everyday I get a notification from it for a R100 discount for my first purchase or something. What a con job if true.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Did you miss the word niche?
Why would we then be buying online, UNLESS it was for something we cannot find in a standard bottle store?

No-one bought a bottle of Klipdrift or Old Brown Sherry off of this site, unless it was purely for convenience sake, which is the foundation that ALL online shops were built on.

What was the point of your comment then?

I think you were the one that missed the whole point of this thread...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I'm sending an email there now. I seriously hope they're not gone. They were my go-to store. Yeah, orders took their sweet time to arrive, but they always did make it right. I have a few hundred bucks in rewards points there...
You're wasting your time. All the complainants have stated that mails have been going unanswered for more than a month already.

If you were done in, try calling that guy on his cell.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Odd. I saw this app mentioned as top 3 in some category in the latest Stuff magazine. I loaded the app but havent used it yet. Almost everyday I get a notification from it for a R100 discount for my first purchase or something. What a con job if true.
I think you're thinking of the Bottles app. That's a different thing.

You're wasting your time. All the complainants have stated that mails have been going unanswered for more than a month already.

If you were done in, try calling that guy on his cell.
I've got a different email to a different person that side, some long email. I sent and got an auto-reply, so that mailbox is still there, at least. On the Zendesk side, at least. Let's see.

Praemon

Expert Member
My sister sent me a gift last November via Bottleshop. She had a similar experience where they didn't reply to emails, however, she eventually got hold of someone over the phone, and I received the parcel about a week later.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
That being said, I spent over R11K at bottleshop over the years, including R6k on a bottle of Ardbeg Gallileo.
How long ago? That's probably worth a lot more now than what you bought it for. Folks were going positively dilly over this stuff.

Marsie27

It is/was a physical shop. Cant someone from CPT go have a look?
48 2nd Ave Harfield Village is the premises of The August Deli, which was up and running the last time I was around there, a week or so ago. I will pop in and ask a question or two next time I am in the vicinity, unless there is someone who gets there first.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I don't want to be a dick and people lost money but unless you buying something really niche, one thing we as South Africans are blessed with is a bottle store on every corner why do you need to buy online?
I ride a bike and don't have space to pack large quantities of dop in the boot.

That being said I've only ever bought from Takealot and had it delivered, never this place.

Just explaining the need and market for it.

EADC

Executive Member
I ride a bike and don't have space to pack large quantities of dop in the boot.

That being said I've only ever bought from Takealot and had it delivered, never this place.

Just explaining the need and market for it.
You make a valid point.

Brawler

Executive Member
48 2nd Ave Harfield Village is the premises of The August Deli, which was up and running the last time I was around there, a week or so ago. I will pop in and ask a question or two next time I am in the vicinity, unless there is someone who gets there first.
I live 100m away.
That building has offices up top I think. Maybe the office was up there?
I'll go for walk after work.