Bottleshop is gone - took everyone's cash

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
I ride a bike and don't have space to pack large quantities of dop in the boot.

That being said I've only ever bought from Takealot and had it delivered, never this place.

Just explaining the need and market for it.
I also travel by bike. I've brought home 12l of liquid before :p

That's why what?
Look at the price difference. R 349 at TaL vs R 259.

Quad

How long ago? That's probably worth a lot more now than what you bought it for. Folks were going positively dilly over this stuff.
Can't remember how long ago, probably 2015/6. I've seen bottles selling now for R7k so 17% appreciation.

Londo

I have a R1,000 gift voucher that I recieved about 7 months back that appears useless.
Rule No 1 about gift vouchers: Spend them tomorrow.

I have been caught 2x with bookshops going out of business leaving me with worthless gift vouchers given as gifts. :(

Dolby

Honorary Master
how does one not use a R1000 liquor gift voucher within the 1st month, let alone 7 months?
Generally what I do is buy something that I want, rather than just buying for the sake of buying.

Dolby

Honorary Master
You don't want alcohol? :)
I didn't want overpriced Castle Lites or Savanahs sent to me from Cape Town ;)

I was trying to get some Nikka that they said was in stock - but turns out that's one of their mistruths. They try source after you've paid.

I was also keen on seeing their Black Friday specials.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I didn't want overpriced Castle Lites or Savanahs sent to me from Cape Town ;)

I was trying to get some Nikka that they said was in stock - but turns out that's one of their mistruths. They try source after you've paid.

I was also keen on seeing their Black Friday specials.
Hey, I was already wrong about the app thing. But if it was a voucher, all you can do is spend it.

And on that topic - vouchers are an evil capitalistic way of making free money. Need to start a thread about this!

Dolby

Honorary Master
Hey, I was already wrong about the app thing. But if it was a voucher, all you can do is spend it.

And on that topic - vouchers are an evil capitalistic way of making free money. Need to start a thread about this!
Yea I was just hoping for better alcohol stock, as opposed to buying anything just to spend it. In hindsight though, I'd rather have R1,000 worth of Castle than nothing!

I never imagined for a second they'd end up accepting money / orders and close town without warning. I remember Webantics did the same thing - continued to accept money, owe suppliers and then skip the country with wherever he could.

This guys staff has zero idea and all jobless

Drewcakes

It seems that I got lucky here. I placed an order in early January and got it delivered on the 23rd. So they must have gone belly-up some time after that.

Dolby

Honorary Master
It seems that I got lucky here. I placed an order in early January and got it delivered on the 23rd. So they must have gone belly-up some time after that.
Very close, as some of the orders with issues were placed in January.

Whether the owner pulled a quick one, I'm not sure - but they are gone. Plenty of people placed orders with them in January that were just not delivered and they have disappeared with the money.

I have a R1,000 gift voucher that I recieved about 7 months back that appears useless.

My question is - if they liquidated, how does everyone approach the liquidators to see if they can get anything back? Is there any other recourse?

Yes, there is recourse:
1., Are you 100% SURE that the company is in fact under liquidation?
If the Company is under liquidation, then a provisional liquidator will be appointed by the Master of the High Court to take over the administration of the liquidated company.
(The appointed liquidator will then take over the assets of the company and call on creditors of the company to submit claims should they wish.

2. If you are sure the company is IN FACT under liquidation, then you can nominate a registered, active liquidator (someone like me) to represent your interests in the liquidation process. It is best to come together as a group of creditors and then approach a liquidator to represent your interests as a group.

HOW DO YOU NOMINATE A LIQUIDATOR?
3. After approaching the liquidator, he will give you a form to fill (requisition form) to nominate a liquidator and then apply with the office of the master for appointment as liquidator, if the Master approves the forms, then the liquidator will be appointed.

Your gift voucher is a claim against the company and you are a creditor under the laws of insolvency.
In other words, you are owed money by the company.
Please note: Your position is of a concurrent creditor, you can only be paid after the payment of secured creditors and employees of the company, that is if the liquidator managed to raise cash from company asset sales, and there is a dividend payable to all classes of creditors,

Creditors (You) or liquidator can convene an inquiry in terms of the laws of Insolvency, a company director can be held personally liable if he conducted the business fraudulently, in this case, if he took people's monies knowing that liquidation is pending, then these are grounds for fraudulent trading and the owner can then be held personally liable for payment of company debts, if the owner cannot pay, then the liquidator will sequestrate him, this also has the effect of stopping him from being a director of any other company. "Insolvents are disqualified from being directors of companies."

So, how do I find the Liquidator contact info?
I am owed over R4,000.
Firstly, Is the Company REALLY under Liquidation ?
In other words, Is there a Court order in place placing the company under liquidation ?
Secondly, When was this court order issued and by which High Court?

Alternatively, you can just pm me the correct trading name of the business and I will check for you and let you know if the Liquidator has been appointed and their contact info.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Firstly, Is the Company REALLY under Liquidation ?
In other words, Is there a Court order in place placing the company under liquidation ?
Secondly, When was this court order issued and by which High Court?

Alternatively, you can just pm me the correct trading name of the business and I will check for you and let you know if the Liquidator has been appointed and their contact info.
Thieves don't register for liquidation.

They take your money and disappear....

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Huh. Some digging got me linked to an email address fish@fishemarketing.co.za. I ran the name Fish E Marketing through some online thingamabobs and found it's an existing enterprise, belonging to a Warrick Daniel Mulder. I even found his ID number, I believe. 840525 5046 081. Enterprise number M2010012578.

Running that ID number on some online tools gave me Bottleshop Online as the enterprise name (one of a few on his name), and bottleshop's enterprise number is K2018006743. According to CIPC, that enterprise has two non-compliance notices against it's name. The physical address for the enterprise is:
43 EKSTEEN AVENUE
BERGVLIET
CAPE TOWN
WESTERN CAPE

I dunno if that helps.