Bottleshop is gone - took everyone's cash

EADC

Executive Member
So, how do I find the Liquidator contact info?
I am owed over R4,000.
I imagine you paid by card, cancel the transaction with the bank as services not rendered.

I think its called charge back or something like that.

Last edited:
We were actually told to fill in forms for the liquidators way back then with what we are owed and all that. It's like 7 years ago, so I have no idea what happened with that. Where can I check that info? I'm not finding anything on the company on the CIPC search?
From your statement, your claim was accepted by the liquidator (The form you filled was a claim form)
CIPC is useless when finding liquidation information.
The best place is to go to the Master's office where your company was liquidated and check the file, if it is not there, then tell the secretary to order your company file for you from Metrofile, wait a week or so, go back to check for the file and then check for the account information that is inside the file, how much was paid to employees, etc..

Neuk_

Expert Member
I imagine you paid by card, cancel the transaction with the bank as services not rendered.

I think its called charge back or something like that.
That is what I was thinking as I was reading this thread, simply call your bank to lodge a transaction dispute citing that the order was never fulfilled.

EADC

Executive Member
That is what I was thinking as I was reading this thread, simply call your bank to lodge a transaction dispute citing that the order was never fulfilled.
Especially credit cards as they are easy to refund apparently.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Huh. Some digging got me linked to an email address fish@fishemarketing.co.za. I ran the name Fish E Marketing through some online thingamabobs and found it's an existing enterprise, belonging to a Warrick Daniel Mulder. I even found his ID number, I believe. 840525 5046 081. Enterprise number M2010012578.

Running that ID number on some online tools gave me Bottleshop Online as the enterprise name (one of a few on his name), and bottleshop's enterprise number is K2018006743. According to CIPC, that enterprise has two non-compliance notices against it's name. The physical address for the enterprise is:
43 EKSTEEN AVENUE
BERGVLIET
CAPE TOWN
WESTERN CAPE

I dunno if that helps.
Quoted for prosperity...

Good job by the way, Sherlock.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Especially credit cards as they are easy to refund apparently.
I haven't done it in a while but when I last did, I was refunded immediately and the bank then contacted the vendor to prove that they delivered the order, which they hadn't so the bank told them to go jump.

Tim_vb

Only ever pay online using a credit card. Chargebacks for goods / services not delivered are your friend
EFT payments are for the birds

garp

Executive Member
Sounds like you are talking from experience ?
Indeed. A very long saga and R4m down the drain. Sorry, but I have a dim view of the process as a result. My advice is that if you’re somewhere at the end of the long chain of who gets a slice of what’s left before you, just forget it, right it off and move on.

airborne

Executive Member
Only ever pay online using a credit card. Chargebacks for goods / services not delivered are your friend
EFT payments are for the birds
Debit card payments have almost the same level of protection as credit cards, you can also do chargebacks.

I have today checked with the Master's office, and the position as the 14 February 2020 is as follows:

CURRENT SITUATION:
No file under the name of Bottleshop Online (Pty) Ltd. has been opened by the office of the Master.
No Court order has been received by the Master placing Bottleshop Online (Pty) Ltd under liquidation.
No CIPC certificate placing Bottleshop (Pty) Ltd under voluntary liquidation has been received by the Master.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?

It is highly likely that creditors have not placed Bottleshop Online (Pty) Ltd under liquidation, and the director has not filed for liquidation.

REMEDY FOR CREDITORS
It is evident that the company was run for fraudulent purposes, as such, Creditors can group together and liquidate the company as a group, then use the provisions of the companies act to hold the director personally liable for the company debts, this way the director will have to REPAY EVERYONE owed by the company or his assets together with the companies assets will be used to repay everyone. even those who hold gift cards.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Most bank cards these days are transactional meaning it can act as a credit card.

I was defrauded when I paid with my Capitec card (not a credit card), and did a chargeback.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Most bank cards these days are transactional meaning it can act as a credit card.

I was defrauded when I paid with my Capitec card (not a credit card), and did a chargeback.
Why don't you have a credit card?

You just need to earn more than R3000..

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
It's R84k p/a mininum on FNB.

Since when is having a credit card a norm now? I could qualify yet not want/require it.
On FNB it's R5000 nett for Gold, but spending R60pm on a credit card if earning that little is a little steep, especially considering you need to be spending at least R110 on a Gold Cheque account as well.