Bottleshop is gone - took everyone's cash

rhysnotrice

And you are a new user who joined today to make this comment??
Yeah I was looking for news on what happened to bottleshop and found this thread. And when I saw a comment at the beginning of the thread suggesting that bottleshop was affiliated to whiskeywarehouse, I decided to comment.

It is what it is. Use it. Don't use it.

phoenix99

Expert Member
Yeah I was looking for news on what happened to bottleshop and found this thread. And when I saw a comment at the beginning of the thread suggesting that bottleshop was affiliated to whiskeywarehouse, I decided to comment.

It is what it is. Use it. Don't use it.
2d1739f6ad6e9315d8f7f330757a4f3f.jpg

Finesince89

Hey guys, regarding chargebacks, any one know what the description of the charge would be? Trying to find it in my statements but nothing obvious like " Bottleshop " appears. So frustrated with these guys, I want my money back.

Thanks in advance

mister

Executive Member
Hey guys, regarding chargebacks, any one know what the description of the charge would be? Trying to find it in my statements but nothing obvious like " Bottleshop " appears. So frustrated with these guys, I want my money back.

Thanks in advance
search for the amount :rolleyes:

airborne

Honorary Master

Thanks in advance
Your bank statement can't be that complicated, check your email for the original order date and total and then look on your statement during that timeframe for that amount..

Finesince89

Your bank statement can't be that complicated, check your email for the original order date and total and then look on your statement during that timeframe for that amount..
My mistake I had purchased it on my Revolut card and not on my local bank card. I'm an idiot lol. Have initiated a chargeback.

Drewcakes

Always dodgy when sites like this use stock photos for "customer reviews"
Stay away.
Not to mention that the customer reviews mention products that aren't listed on their site.

But then again, that might point to naivité rather than maliciousness.

JBentleyCT

Bottleshop seems to have been getting themselves into trouble for a very long time, if you look at their Hellopeter profile, complaints seem to date back to 2015... surprised they managed to get away with it for more than 5 years....

Toxxyc

Expert Member
So, feedback I received:

Good evening,
Apologies for the late reply. Bottleshop closed for liquidation on 23 Jan, so I have not been working there since. If you paid by credit card I would suggest you just contact your bank and reverse the payment. Is by far the quickest way.

If paid by EFT, contact: Byron.Chevalier@mazars.co.za He is a business practitioner who is currently dealing with a possible business rescue.

Kind regards,

This is from an old employee who also lost a job there.

So, feedback I received:

Good evening,
Apologies for the late reply. Bottleshop closed for liquidation on 23 Jan, so I have not been working there since. If you paid by credit card I would suggest you just contact your bank and reverse the payment. Is by far the quickest way.

If paid by EFT, contact: Byron.Chevalier@mazars.co.za He is a business practitioner who is currently dealing with a possible business rescue.

Kind regards,

Are they under Liquidation or Business rescue??
Kindly clarify.
The last time I checked with the Master's office, no file had been opened under the name of Bottleshop Online Pty Ltd, that was last month.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Are they under Liquidation or Business rescue??
Kindly clarify.
The last time I checked with the Master's office, no file had been opened under the name of Bottleshop Online Pty Ltd, that was last month.
What I have is what I posted. I don't know about the rest. Considering Mazars is involved though, I would assume it's Business Rescue, so it's best everyone try and reverse payments ASAP.

I assume the directors have approached Mazars for the best possible way forward, either though business rescue or liquidation.

But from all the orders received by Bottleshop, and not completed, I doubt business rescue will be successful, as they will have to prove that the business can be rescued, and come up with a workable business rescue plan to be accepted by interested parties.
It just makes sense for Bottleshop to just come into liquidation, as there is no reasonable prospect of success for the business.

I am an active liquidator, I receive notices of all companies coming into liquidation daily from all the Masters of the Courts nationally, I have not received Bottleshop liquidation even today.

Creditors can do a charge back on credit card purchases in the meantime.
Or approach the business rescue practitioner to prove claims.
or nominate a liquidator of their choice upon liquidation.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Do I have a claim if I have "loyalty points" with them? It wasn't a lot, like R300's worth or something like that, but still, it's something?

Do I have a claim if I have "loyalty points" with them? It wasn't a lot, like R300's worth or something like that, but still, it's something?
Short answer: Yes, you do have a claim.
If the claim arose prior to the liquidation of the business and the claim is a liquidated claim, or a claim that can amount in money of at least R100, then yes, the claim can be proved upon insolvency, even it is loyalty points, gift cards etc.

The liquidator will give you a claim form to fill in in order to prove your claim at the meeting of creditors.

Drewcakes

So, feedback I received:

Good evening,

Kind regards,

Oh, wow. So I guess I was extremely lucky with my last order, since they shipped it literally the day before they closed.