BotW 2 and Witcher 3 coming to Switch - E3 Nintendo Direct news

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Nintendo closed out E3 2019’s series of conferences on Tuesday at 9am with its traditional Nintendo Direct stream. It was a show full of announcements and a few surprises, from the reveal of a Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel, to The Witcher 3 running on Switch and the return of Panzer Dragoon.
Trailers and more...

https://sea.ign.com/nintendo/150495/news/all-news-trailers-and-gameplay-from-nintendo-direct-e3-2019

Super stoked for these two, especially BotW sequel. The Witcher 3 graphics look pretty good though considering the inevitable downscale, going to be interesting to see this one also.

Daruk

Honorary Master
BotW2 is looking EPIC!
Animal Crossing New Horizons delayed till March 2020 but looking pretty cool.
Yes, I'm an Animal Crossing nut lol.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Yeah I'm pretty hyped about this. Well, less Witcher3 because I'm not sure about those graphics. But BOTW looks so incredible, maybe it's going to be the next Majora's Mask.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Yeah I'm pretty hyped about this. Well, less Witcher3 because I'm not sure about those graphics. But BOTW looks so incredible, maybe it's going to be the next Majora's Mask.
I heard that suggested, yes. This game alone is worth buying the Switch for. I've been holding out since I get my BotW fix on Wii U for now. Switch coming up... When is Switch v2 being released? Wondering if it's worth the wait or if I should just get one now.

cerebus

Honorary Master
I heard that suggested, yes. This game alone is worth buying the Switch for. I've been holding out since I get my BotW fix on Wii U for now. Switch coming up... When is Switch v2 being released? Wondering if it's worth the wait or if I should just get one now.
There's NO word at all on when Switch 2/Pro/Mini will come out. Lots of rumours, but Nintendo kind of poured cold water on it and obviously didn't say anything about it at this E3. I think if you're gonna keep waiting it can be a long time.

Also, Switch is amazing. The game library by now is phenomenal and it's just getting better.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/11/18661773/nintendo-direct-e3-2019-analysis-games-switch

Daruk

Honorary Master
There's NO word at all on when Switch 2/Pro/Mini will come out. Lots of rumours, but Nintendo kind of poured cold water on it and obviously didn't say anything about it at this E3. I think if you're gonna keep waiting it can be a long time.

Also, Switch is amazing. The game library by now is phenomenal and it's just getting better.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/11/18661773/nintendo-direct-e3-2019-analysis-games-switch
Yeah, I think waiting might be a mistake, though I'm keeping myself occupied with Zelda right now. I wonder if there would ever be any games that aren't compatible with Switch 1 given that 2 is rumoured to have 8 Gb ram instead of 4? I read an article suggesting the latter part of 2019 and that there were two models planned - one where the joycons are fixed and no vibration for $199 and one with better spec.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I'll definitely get Witcher 3, it's a great game and the graphics look pretty decent to me. I played it on PS4 and got about 50% of the main story before I surrendered the console to my son, so I can't wait to play through and do the dlc too.

But yes, BotW 2 is the big news for me. I'm a couple of hundred hours into the first one and am doing the Champions Ballad dlc at the moment (I'm holding off from confronting Ganon until I've squeezed every ounce out of the game :p )

Daruk

Honorary Master
But yes, BotW 2 is the big news for me. I'm a couple of hundred hours into the first one and am doing the Champions Ballad dlc at the moment (I'm holding off from confronting Ganon until I've squeezed every ounce out of the game :p )
This is where I'm at, though I've completed the champions ballad. It's an epic challenge.
I have months to years of gameplay left if I'm going to do everything before I do Ganon.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
This is where I'm at, though I've completed the champions ballad. It's an epic challenge.
I have months to years of gameplay left if I'm going to do everything before I do Ganon.
I started on the Wii U, but bought a Switch after about 20 or 30 hours and started over again. Still not fed up with it by a long shot and have no time for any other game. I actually fired up Mario Odyssey a few weeks ago for the first time and changed back after an hour or two becasue I missed it so much :D

I'm also looking forward to the new models when they appear, but who knows when? I'd love a souped up 3DS type with a bigger screen and better battery.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I started on the Wii U, but bought a Switch after about 20 or 30 hours and started over again. Still not fed up with it by a long shot and have no time for any other game. I actually fired up Mario Odyssey a few weeks ago for the first time and changed back after an hour or two becasue I missed it so much :D

I'm also looking forward to the new models when they appear, but who knows when? I'd love a souped up 3DS type with a bigger screen and better battery.
That's pretty much it for me. I want to game while I travel. I'm scared of getting Switch before I finish BotW on Wii U cos I'd have to start from scratch LOL.... but then think of how you'd do certain things differently!

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
BotW2 is looking EPIC!
Animal Crossing New Horizons delayed till March 2020 but looking pretty cool.
Yes, I'm an Animal Crossing nut lol.
I've seen some animal crossing roms and Nerdcubed is mad about it.

Is it worth wasting some time on? I don't understand the concept.
Is it like Harvest Moon?
I like Harvest Moon

Or is it more like Azure Dreams?

cerebus

Honorary Master
I've seen some animal crossing roms and Nerdcubed is mad about it.

Is it worth wasting some time on? I don't understand the concept.
Is it like Harvest Moon?
I like Harvest Moon

Or is it more like Azure Dreams?
Harvest Moon is very much inspired by Animal Crossing.

cerebus

Honorary Master
So they've started producing a new model but haven't even announced it yet?
Well yeah that's what the rumours suggest. Nintendo have always been a secretive company, like Apple.

We'll see anyway. To me it makes more sense for them to release a mini version now and wait on a Pro upgrade. Switch is on fire and they don't need to upgrade the hardware yet.

On the other hand Witcher 3 is confirmed to run at 540p/720p with dynamic resolution, so it's going to be a bag of ugly just like all the major third party AAA ports. Better hardware could let them achieve parity with current gen consoles.