Boy, 6, dies after being bitten 72 times by Rottweilers

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Are the owner of the dogs not accountable? The owner should face jail time.

I see dangerous dogs off leashes the same as leaving a loaded gun laying around.
Should the owner have no made a reasonable effort to contain the animals inside their property, then I 100% agree with you on this front.

I have 3 bull terriers, and they are kept inside my property by 2m+ high walls and fencing and such... Granted mostly because I treasure them immensely and don't want them stolen rather than them getting out and doing anyone damage, but still the responsibility is mine to make sure my animals are kept inside my property at all times or on leashes at all times when not.

Should the owner have no made a reasonable effort to contain the animals inside their property, then I 100% agree with you on this front.

I have 3 bull terriers, and they are kept inside my property by 2m+ high walls and fencing and such... Granted mostly because I treasure them immensely and don't want them stolen rather than them getting out and doing anyone damage, but still the responsibility is mine to make sure my animals are kept inside my property at all times or on leashes at all times when not.

..and on this note, if you ever see children taunting and teasing dogs who are behind fences, it would be a good idea to have a little talk with them.

The_MAC

Expert Member
My neighbour has 2 Rotties, and I have 2 small kids, we live in a complex.

He is very responsible with them, but I always fear that they somehow get out while my kids are out.

AdrianH

Expert Member
My neighbour has 2 Rotties, and I have 2 small kids, we live in a complex.

He is very responsible with them, but I always fear that they somehow get out while my kids are out.
Maybe ask your neighbour to allow your kids to spend some time with the dogs? Once they get to know them, they should be fine if they ever do get out.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Stupid question, but could the adult bystanders not do anything? I have luckily never had to intervene in a dogfight, but I was thinking that if I did, I would ram my fingers as hard as I could into the dogs eye sockets. Would that work?

I don't mean to sound cruel to animals, but if a dog was attacking me or another human, I would not hesitate to kill or attempt to kill the dog.
Have you seen how many pillocks shamelessly declare that they love dogs more than humans? This disgusting behaviour doesn't surprise me.

If I were there I would have ran to the kitchen, grabbed the biggest knife I could find and gone Jason on those mutts. SPCA hippies and "they're my children" dog-lovers be damned.

Pitbull

Verboten
I've seen someone stab a rottie and the dog still did not let go...
I know Toxicbunny has Bullterriers.

I was a kid, probably about 10. Neighbor's dogs attacked the wife who was home alone on maternity leave. Woman screamed and my father ran over with his pistol. Shot the female in the bathroom where the woman was being attacked. The male ran outside when the shots rang out. Us standing outside at the back, saw the male go into the kennel.

Dad came out looking for him and we told my dad he's in the kennel. Dad took aim and shot the dog square in the face. Dog charged at my dad and took 2 more shots to stop him.

Once a dog snaps, no amount of water or anything will stop them (No matter the breed). That day I saw a Bullterrier take 1 shot to the face and another 2 shots before it fell down dead. It was going to die fighting.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Have you seen how many pillocks shamelessly declare that they love dogs more than humans? This disgusting behaviour doesn't surprise me.

If I were there I would have ran to the kitchen, grabbed the biggest knife I could find and gone Jason on those mutts. SPCA hippies and "they're my children" dog-lovers be damned.
Yes, would rather have animals around me than humans.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I was sent a video this morning, probably someone thought it was important to take the video instead of doing something meaningful to try and save the boy.
Reminds me of one my favourite - and controversial - surrealists.

The_MAC

Expert Member
Maybe ask your neighbour to allow your kids to spend some time with the dogs? Once they get to know them, they should be fine if they ever do get out.
The problem is that when he got the dogs they weren't puppies anymore. They are already full grown. Its a risk I am not willing to take as the dogs do not come across as overly friendly.

If it was a Lab with a wagging tail, or a worshond pissing itself from excitement I would be cool with it.

animehero

Expert Member
Yeah its not uncommon for kids to be out at that time when the sun sets around 8 in these parts

cfilorux

Not a word about how these dogs have been put down.:mad: If the dogs went home, and are missing, then kill ALL the rottweilers in the area. ALL of them.

Pitbull

Verboten
I have no problem with kids being in a public area.
I do however have a problem with unleashed dogs in a public area.
I'm not saying the dogs are ok to be in the public area...

Having a 6yo outside in the street alone is nothing but bad parenting. Dogs outside or not, this kid would have been alive if the folks looked after him. My kids are 14, 12 and 10x2. I don't even allow them in the street unsupervised or allow them to play in the streets.

animehero

Expert Member