Boy, 6, dies after being bitten 72 times by Rottweilers

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Stupid question, but could the adult bystanders not do anything? I have luckily never had to intervene in a dogfight, but I was thinking that if I did, I would ram my fingers as hard as I could into the dogs eye sockets. Would that work?

I don't mean to sound cruel to animals, but if a dog was attacking me or another human, I would not hesitate to kill or attempt to kill the dog.
Was probably so quick... I'm sure they tried but would have been too late. Not easy to pull dogs like that apart.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
None. But I'm still not letting a kid get mauled to death while I stand there and do nothing.
Figured as much.... Stopping a dog fight is not always as easy as you seem to think it is... and just because you think all the bystanders were dog loving hippies and didn't do anything actually just paints you in a negative light. The chances that they could have done anything was probably close to zero, and all going in and stabbing at the dog would probably have ended up with more injuries, if not more deaths due to human stupidity.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Figured as much.... Stopping a dog fight is not always as easy as you seem to think it is... and just because you think all the bystanders were dog loving hippies and didn't do anything actually just paints you in a negative light. The chances that they could have done anything was probably close to zero, and all going in and stabbing at the dog would probably have ended up with more injuries, if not more deaths due to human stupidity.
What would you have done?

scudsucker

Expert Member
Stupid question, but could the adult bystanders not do anything? I have luckily never had to intervene in a dogfight, but I was thinking that if I did, I would ram my fingers as hard as I could into the dogs eye sockets. Would that work?.
A dog's weak point is that their front legs cannot spread very wide. Very little pressure applied to spread them wide will break a bone or dislocate, then you have a disabled dog.

The challenge is how to approach the dog to do so....

The_MAC

Executive Member
A dog's weak point is that their front legs cannot spread very wide. Very little pressure applied to spread them wide will break a bone or dislocate, then you have a disabled dog.

The challenge is how to approach the dog to do so....
Ok so he won't be able to move, but he can still move his head and bite like a MoFo

Reactions: OCP

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
What would you have done?
I would have tried to intervene somehow of course.... but I would also be under no illusion that a 6 year old being mauled by 2 rottweilers will more than likely be dead or fatally injured before I could stop the attack, so I wouldn't necessarily put myself in harms way or expect anyone else to.

I know that that response is going to trigger the living snot out of you, but hey....

noxibox

Honorary Master
Thats why I dont take my eyes off the little ones around any animals
There are also lots of morons who walk their dogs off a leash, so one has to be ever vigilant and ready for the possibility that one of them decides to try to bite a child.

Was probably so quick... I'm sure they tried but would have been too late. Not easy to pull dogs like that apart.
I think trying to pull them off would probably be a waste of time.

I've seen someone stab a rottie and the dog still did not let go...
You'd have to keep stabbing until the dog is dead if you're going to use a knife. And you have to try to aim for spots that will incapacitate them. It can be done, but you're probably going to get bitten.

Have you seen how many pillocks shamelessly declare that they love dogs more than humans? This disgusting behaviour doesn't surprise me.

If I were there I would have ran to the kitchen, grabbed the biggest knife I could find and gone Jason on those mutts. SPCA hippies and "they're my children" dog-lovers be damned.
It might be more a case of people freezing up.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I would have tried to intervene somehow of course.... but I would also be under no illusion that a 6 year old being mauled by 2 rottweilers will more than likely be dead or fatally injured before I could stop the attack, so I wouldn't necessarily put myself in harms way or expect anyone else to.

I know that that response is going to trigger the living snot out of you, but hey....
I can add to that.

My brother in law tried to fend off a Staffie that locked onto their Chow, he ended up with severe lacerations, followed by some real nasty wounds.

That was just 1 Staffie (much smaller than a Rottie) attacking "just" a dog, and look how it ended.

Knyro

Honorary Master

Nah, it's pretty much what I expected.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I would have shot them. No questions asked.

The life of a human being trumps that of a dog, always!
Really? I feed that POS Dros rapist to the dogs in a heartbeat. (as one example of many, many humans whose lives are far more worthless than anything I can think of)

animehero

Expert Member
https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/2-rottweilers-maul-6-year-old-cape-town-boy-to-death-in-front-of-family-20181205

https://ewn.co.za/2018/12/05/ct-family-left-devastated-after-boy-bitten-to-death-by-dogs

It is believed that the six-year-old was attacked in a road earlier this week. The two animals escaped from their owner’s property.

It is alleged a gate had been left open.
In October, a two-year-old girl was attacked by a dog at a day care centre in Witbank.

The incident occurred when the toddler asked her carer for juice.

According to the carer, the Labrador took the opportunity to bite her without warning.

The toddler had injuries to her face, ears, eye socket and tear duct. She underwent a two-hour operation at Highveld Eye Hospital to repair the damage to her eye.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I had my friend's ridgeback take a bite of my calf muscle when I was a teenager. Better believe I threw punches at that son of a bitch.