Boy, 6, dies after being bitten 72 times by Rottweilers

access

Executive Member
i doubt many people will react offensively when witnessing something horrific like this. many things you can attempt but self preservation runs high with some in these situations.

a big enough person could hurt the animal enough to make it stop, will most likely be bitten. seen a running kick into the ribs stop things immediately. the guy was big enough to do it though.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Realistically the 6 year old didn't stand much of a chance once they started biting, if it takes you 30 seconds to get the dog off him or kill the dog, he would probably have sustained fatal wounds anyway, no matter what you do.
I've seen 2 staffies fight, there is no way you just ask them nicely not to do that, you will get hurt trying to get them off whatever they are biting unless you severely injure them to incapacitate them, and by then it would already be too late I am sure

Reactions: OCP

OCP

Expert Member
Some of you seem to think that you can just walk up to these dogs and choose where to stab/grab them.

Dogs move very fast - even more so when in a frenzy. Good luck trying to grab a paw and hang on to it.

I still have a nice scar from a hole in my hand trying to intervene between 3 dachshunds and a Jack Russel.
All the dogs had puncture wounds and were bleeding but they were fine - I ended up having to get stitches and a shot :-(

Like Pitbull if there was a human life at stake I would attempt to shoot the dogs; even if they were my own dogs.

ponder

Honorary Master
I would have shot them. No questions asked.

The life of a human being trumps that of a dog, always!
By the time you had run into the house, opened the safe to get the gun and back out again it would have been over. Unless you had a gun on your person at the time of the incident.

OCP

Expert Member
By the time you had run into the house, opened the safe to get the gun and back out again it would have been over. Unless you had a gun on your person at the time of the incident.
I know I am going to get flack for this .... A firearm in the safe is useless.

Carry everyday/everywhere as much as is practically possible as you won't know when you will need it.

Train, train some more and then keep training.

Lastly if you don't have the right mindset or are in any way irresponsible, don't get a firearm!

Pitbull

Verboten
My gun is always at arms reach. But yes, you are correct. I would have not intervened if I didn't have my gun with me. All attempts would have been fruitless and I might just have ended up getting bitten or killed myself.

Last edited:

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
I shyte you not.

At the Pitbull shows, handlers walk around with dildos. If the dogs don't release they shove the dildo up the dogs arse. He let's go pretty damn quickly then. It nauseates me, but it seems to do the trick pretty quickly. I however am 100% confident, you won't be able to do that when they are in fight mode.
Which Pitbull shows are you attending?

We have never seen that in years of competing at the PBFSA

ponder

Honorary Master
I have no issue with that, I think that most people that do own them have them lying in a safe at home.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

Carry everyday/everywhere as much as is practically possible as you won't know when you will need it.

Train, train some more and then keep training.

Lastly if you don't have the right mindset or are in any way irresponsible, don't get a firearm!
No flack whatsoever from my side... I agree 100% with you.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Strength comps mainly. I think one I can recall was hosted by UPA or something similar in Roodepoort.
I wonder how they even figured something like that out in the first place. wtf?

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Really? I feed that POS Dros rapist to the dogs in a heartbeat. (as one example of many, many humans whose lives are far more worthless than anything I can think of)
yes, I remember a thread where two pitbulls attacked some burglars... I'm sure the responses were different from the same people here.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Not in the slightest.. but I asked a question, which you are trying to sidestep by responding with a question.
As far as I'm concerned all civil discourse with you went out the window the moment you brought up puerile comments like me being triggered.

Good day to you sir.

/tips bowler hat

Pitbull

Verboten
I wonder how they even figured something like that out in the first place. wtf?
No idea. I guess I too would let go of whatever I'm doing if someone shoves something up my arse :D

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
As far as I'm concerned all civil discourse with you went out the window the moment you brought up puerile comments like me being triggered.

Good day to you sir.

/tips bowler hat
Cute...