Boy, 6, dies after being bitten 72 times by Rottweilers

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Yes, just this: when is your 21st birthday - you know - the birthday that allows you to legally obtain a firearms license?

I suggest you stick to pellet guns & catapults until then.
Cute, now that you see how nonsensical your argument is we get to the predictable "attack the source" response.

fyi if special need can be demonstrated there is no 21 years of age limit to obtain a firearm license in South Africa

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Let me clue you in on a dog fight, or a dog in fighting mode... they writhe around alot and move alot... you don't have the luxury of any time, the minute you looked away to see that nobody was in the line of the shot the dog would have moved and you would have to redo your shot placement...
If it takes you more than a couple of seconds to place that shot you shouldn't be attempting it. It really is not that hard, and if the situation changes at least you tried to get a shot instead of recording a video and counting the bites.

OCP

Expert Member
Yes, just this: when is your 21st birthday - you know - the birthday that allows you to legally obtain a firearms license?

I suggest you stick to pellet guns & catapults until then.
Not sure what country you are in or referring to but in RSA you need to be 18+ to apply for a firearm license, not 21.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
If it takes you more than a couple of seconds to place that shot you shouldn't be attempting it. It really is not that hard, and if the situation changes at least you tried to get a shot instead of recording a video and counting the bites.
A couple of seconds is too long.... the dog/dogs would have moved.. and now you've taken a shot and merely injured the dog and probably made it MORE aggressive and dangerous.

scudsucker

Expert Member
Cute, now that you see how nonsensical your argument is we get to the predictable "attack the source" response.

fyi if special need can be demonstrated there is no 21 years of age limit to obtain a firearm license in South Africa
At the risk of being accused of "attacking the source" I actually do believe you qualify for "special needs".

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
A couple of seconds is too long.... the dog/dogs would have moved.. and now you've taken a shot and merely injured the dog and probably made it MORE aggressive and dangerous.
You don't take the shot until you are certain, obviously. You either don't shoot, or you kill, there's no injured dog in this at all.

Pitbull

Verboten
How I would have shot the dogs if I was in this situation.

I would approach the dogs and scanning the area to find a good place as back stop while approaching. Grabbed the first dog by the hip and shoot it through the chest towards the predetermined safe area. By that time the second dog would have released and ran. If not walked around and did the same thing.

If the second dog ran. I would have walked up to it where it's covering and getting it's breath back and blow it to shyte too.

access

Executive Member
i would swear nobody has seen a dog or dogs attack something, they stand still at moments between shaking and biting and pulling.

The_MAC

Expert Member
i would swear nobody has seen a dog or dogs attack something, they stand still at moments between shaking and biting and pulling.
Our Alsatian once ran out like a bat out of hell and started tearing into a cat, it felt like a minute before I realised what was happening and ran over to release the poor feline. That was just a cat and I was already shaking at the thought of having to drive a half torn open cat to the vet - luckily there was no injury.

Point is, we are not trained to handle these types of situations (referring to a mauling, not my cat story), it's easy to criticise afterwards, but in the moment its a whole other story.

Last edited:

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I'm certain your long-practised and extensive FPS skillz would help you shoot the dogs without harming any innocent parties. Certain.
Careful, if you keep up all this cuteness you might rival something way below average soon.

Don't play FPS at all fyi, I do however have quite a bit of experience with real guns. Enough to know that this task is not difficult AT ALL, it merely requires a cool head. Speaking of, please, for the love of god, don't you go and attempt this ...