Boy Dies During Dad's 'How To Party' Lesson

mercurial

MyBB Legend
SPRING HILL, Fla. -- A Gulf Coast man was charged with murder after he said he gave his 15-year-old son powerful prescription drugs because he wanted the boy to know "how to party right."

Witnesses said the 47-year-old Spring Hill man showed his son how to crush and snort pills like the painkiller oxycodone and the heroin substitute methadone.
Full story

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
And people like that get to be parents? Hah! What an absolute low-life.

CaTcH21

Expert Member
This man needs to be tortured for life, but look in our own country, crimes like this is a norm and part of 'their' life. very sad ...

Turtle

Expert Member
I've seen odd hobbies, but mercurial, scouring the US news almost every day looking for bad news and posting it here ... um, it's a tad weird, what's up with that? Sure it makes for some interesting discussion sometimes, but there are interesting and bad stories from all over the world, focusing only on the US makes me wonder if you have some kind of ax to grind.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I've seen odd hobbies, but mercurial, scouring the US news almost every day looking for bad news and posting it here ... um, it's a tad weird, what's up with that? Sure it makes for some interesting discussion sometimes, but there are interesting and bad stories from all over the world, focusing only on the US makes me wonder if you have some kind of ax to grind.
I don't "scour" the US for bad news. I happen to source my news from a few websites - sometimes the news originates from other countries; most times they originate in the US. Tough luck. I don't have any agenda, as some sensitive Americans here tend to think. And... no one is forced to read the threads. If you read it, it was your choice. People post "bad" stories about SA here too. Do you think they have an agenda too? Do they also scour the net for stories that reflect poorly on this country?

PPC_SouthAfrica

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard how do you show your kids that it is cool to do drugs and thats how one parties. Hope he gets locked up for good!!!!

MeNeZ

Expert Member
Personally I dig hearing wack news...I'm so over hearing about Eskom, strikes, dumbass politicians etc...

Same **** different smell

Turtle

Expert Member
People post "bad" stories about SA here too. Do you think they have an agenda too?
No, but, um, this IS kinda South Africa we're in, and it is kinda a South African forum, hosted in South Africa, and full of South Africans ... so yeah, posting South African news isn't some random arbitrary choice, it makes perfect sense. On the other hand, there are over 200 countries ... picking American news seems almost as arbitrary to me as any other country that isn't South Africa. Granted American culture is more tightly woven into our own cultural backdrop than most other countries. But I just wondered, as it seems an interesting thing to spend time on.

noxibox

Honorary Master
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard how do you show your kids that it is cool to do drugs and thats how one parties.
Parents do it all the time. Only difference is the parents are usually getting high on alcohol. And they teach their children it is fine to drink.

TheHiveMind

Banned
Getting wasted with the parentals does not sound appealing to me. Sounds like a total downer, and something I would avoid at all costs. Parentals != friends