• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Brackenfell, Protea Heights (South). Vumatel Fibre interest

Orihalcon

Expert Member
Hi all.

If you live in this area - see highlighted area below - please can I ask that you register your interest in Vumatel to come install fibre in our neighborhood! Interest can be noted here: https://vumatel.co.za/coverage/#map
5-29-2017 11-24-04 AM.jpg

OpenServe has already laid fibre to the Kaapsig area next to Brackenfell Blv and the larger Sonkring area. They have also lit up the Turnberry estate. I've contacted them and was told they have no interested in lighting up our area in the foreseeable future. Vumatel however will if we can show interest!

Please tell friends and family and post on your Facebook / social media groups please.

Last edited:

Orihalcon

Expert Member
And up we go.

Only if people take the time to register interest and start promoting it will something come of this. Don't sit on your laurels folks! Make it happen.

eye_suc

Expert Member
First time I see this, so I showed interest!

I feel left out though, I'm excluded in that map of yours :(

Orihalcon

Expert Member
First time I see this, so I showed interest!

I feel left out though, I'm excluded in that map of yours :(
Thank you.

I have no idea how large an area / small an area they would consider or how their nodes work, I just grabbed a random sized grid :)

The more people show interest the better.

In touch with them and I'll be doing flyers in post boxes in the coming weeks as well.

Last edited:

eye_suc

Expert Member
Got a friend / neighbour to sign up as well.

If I remember correctly, they laid some fiber all the way along Kruispad. Took them many moons, and nothing happened afterwards.

Do you have any way to see how many people have signed up or rather, shown interest?

Orihalcon

Expert Member
Monday morning bump up.

And no @eye_suc. I don't think you can see the number of people interested if the area is not already pink on VUMA's map.

Orihalcon

Expert Member
Got an update from Vumatel. They have confirmed that there has been an increase in the interest shown for fibre in the area.

So thank you people for signing up and showing your interest.

We need more however! Keep spreading the word.

Hein69

Will tell my friends in Brackenfell to also show interest.
If you know of anyone in Goedemoed(Durbanville) area, please give them a shout:D
My thread is also very quiet...

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I’ve gotten so ducked with this.

Literally the fiber runs to about 100m down the road from me.

Telkom in fact come asking every so often if I’m happy with the fibre.

No idea why they stopped there but convincing them to go just a little further isn’t happening.

Hein69

I’ve gotten so ducked with this.

Literally the fiber runs to about 100m down the road from me.

Telkom in fact come asking every so often if I’m happy with the fibre.

No idea why they stopped there but convincing them to go just a little further isn’t happening.
That sucks badly. Do you fall under the openserve/telkom map that states whether fibre will be layed in your area? Vumatel will be our areas hero:crylaugh:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
At least I’m on 20MB VDSL now so it’s not a major drama.

But would like to save money on the analog line I don’t use at all.

Ripstorm

About 3 months ago I sent a request to VOX to inform me as soon as I have Fibre in my area.I got a call earlier today from VOX telling me that I will have Fibre in my area shortly and that it is currently in the planning stages. They even asked me to sign up for a Fibre package so long!

I live in Protea Village

edit: I was a bit skeptical at first as it doesn't show on the coverage map that we are currently in the planning stages. I sent the guy that phoned me the following mail:

Just a quick question. My area still shows up as unavailable for fibre when looking at the coverage map (not even in a planned stage yet).
How sure are you that fibre will be rolled out the next couple of weeks/months? Is it just the coverage map that is outdated?

Thanks in advance!
His response:

Most of the coverage maps are outdated. Your area is in the planning stages and you will see Vuma around your area very soon for trenching.
Very Excite!

Last edited:

Archer

Honorary Master
Got an update from Vumatel. They have confirmed that there has been an increase in the interest shown for fibre in the area.

So thank you people for signing up and showing your interest.

We need more however! Keep spreading the word.
I've sent Vuma 2 emails regarding my area with no reply :/

crackersa

Honorary Master
Hi all.

If you live in this area - see highlighted area below - please can I ask that you register your interest in Vumatel to come install fibre in our neighborhood! Interest can be noted here: https://vumatel.co.za/coverage/#map
View attachment 439242

OpenServe has already laid fibre to the Kaapsig area next to Brackenfell Blv and the larger Sonkring area. They have also lit up the Turnberry estate. I've contacted them and was told they have no interested in lighting up our area in the foreseeable future. Vumatel however will if we can show interest!

Please tell friends and family and post on your Facebook / social media groups please.
can you get a more zoomed out view of the pic, I think I am close to you.

Orihalcon

Expert Member
Just got confirmation that unfortunately the area above is not on anyone's current IFP list for fibre. BUT!

If more people show their interest then it will speed up the process. Here is a more zoomed out few. OpenServe fibre already active in the area and they are installing in the new development at the bottom. So there is interest! Just need to get more people to show it in the area on the right of the dark purple splotch!

6-30-2017 7-33-59 AM.png