Break the rules of the road and you may have to go to “rehabilitation school”

VegOtter

They still beating this old dead horse. Has the whole demerit system even been implemented properly?...

daveza

Honorary Master
If only the ANC could turn brain farts into cash they would no longer have to steal.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
If only they were able to send fines properly, that would help implementing a demerit system.

With their useless current system, it's like putting the cart before the horse...

rietrot

Honorary Master
More nannystate nonsense. Just scrap the speed limits and restrictions, people will very quickly learn to take responsibility for themselves.
Setting arbitrary limits don't benefit anyone.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Awesome - they cannot write legally enforceable traffic fines - now they dreaming up another scheme to pump money into a back pocket somewhere.

Acid0

Expert Member
If only they were able to send fines properly, that would help implementing a demerit system.

With their useless current system, it's like putting the cart before the horse...
So how do propose this? because the Post office is to busy handing out vehicle license and getting ready for grants?
Post is a sideline job for them :)

f2wohf

Honorary Master
So how do propose this? because the Post office is to busy handing out vehicle license and getting ready for grants?
Post is a sideline job for them :)
I'm all for the demerit system but they need to sort out the fines system first.

The demerit system cannot work with automatic cameras as you don't know who is the driver (which are the future as manned cameras are a waste of time and personnel).

A system where the fines are received effectively and the car owner (business or individual) has to rat out the driver (how it works in Europe) will work.

If the most effective system is scrapping the registered mail requirement, or electronically, or another system, I'm not an expert but surely there can be a well thought of solution.

krycor

Honorary Master
I'm all for the demerit system but they need to sort out the fines system first.

The demerit system cannot work with automatic cameras as you don't know who is the driver (which are the future as manned cameras are a waste of time and personnel).

A system where the fines are received effectively and the car owner (business or individual) has to rat out the driver (how it works in Europe) will work.

If the most effective system is scrapping the registered mail requirement, or electronically, or another system, I'm not an expert but surely there can be a well thought of solution.
SMS +/- email with tracked URL to view fine.

SMS has always been the way to send notifications that you need a read receipt. Delivery of SMS on an active phone (which makes a chargeable action in 3months) means user has received it.

Garson007

Honorary Master
Most of us don't actually want to pay fines and prefer that we never receive them. :whistling:

Swa

Honorary Master

We got someone's fine the other day, threw it away as it wasn't registered in any case. Scrapping the requirement isn't an option.