Breaking Bad - the fictional Heisenberg

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
If convicted of all his crimes, how long would Mr. White be in prison? How long would Walter White's sentence be?

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Will go out on a limb and say nothing less than life, not sure if New Mexico makes use of the death penalty.

MKFrost

Expert Member
If he was in SA then he would be playing golf by the weekend together with some other terminally ill 'criminal(s)'..... :whistling:

Zewp

Banned
It depends on how many of his convictions will have substantiating evidence, but if he is convicted for all his crimes, probably life. Or death row, depending on whether the death penalty is in use there.

MKFrost

Expert Member
On a serious note it would be the death sentence or life. With the death of the two DEA guys I cannot see him walking away from it, they will stick it to him one way or another.

But then again, what actual proof is there at this stage? I think everything died with Hank, that is unless his wife confesses and Jesse gets away, but otherwise they actually have very little on him at this stage....

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
On a serious note it would be the death sentence or life. With the death of the two DEA guys I cannot see him walking away from it, they will stick it to him one way or another.

But then again, what actual proof is there at this stage? I think everything died with Hank, that is unless his wife confesses and Jesse gets away, but otherwise they actually have very little on him at this stage....
What proof? How about that recorded phone call with his wife at the end of the episode?

MKFrost

Expert Member
What proof? How about that recorded phone call with his wife at the end of the episode?
Can be very circumstantial... he can say that he only said it to scare her and that he had no actual knowledge of where Hank was. They need to physically tie him to the murder first. Everything she says can be contrived to be an attempt to get back at him. She has no actual proof, at best a he said she said situation.

House

Banned
I think in New Mexico they do have the death penalty. They pretty much contravened most laws that would surely allow for the death penalty. SO, I think that would have been both their fates.

MKFrost

Expert Member
Just listened to that last call again....

He did not admit to anything or at least nothing they will be able to use against him. All he said was that they will never see Hank again. He did not admit to have anything to do with it.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

He did not admit to anything or at least nothing they will be able to use against him. All he said was that they will never see Hank again. He did not admit to have anything to do with it.
He's an accomplice though. It's a very incriminating call. It doesn't divulge anything about his drug trade though.

House

Banned

Yeah, he pretty much only said that what he did he did himself. He did not admit to cooking meth, or killing anyone, however he did say they will never see Hank again. It appears he knew the authorities were listening in, and made these statements in order to ensure that they will not prosecute his wife as well (the whole purpose of the call appears to be centered around the fact that she 'knew nothing' and was not involved in his actions). I think he took the baby knowing that the police will be involved. I think it was all planned.

House

Banned
He's an accomplice though. It's a very incriminating call. It doesn't divulge anything about his drug trade though.
Yes, remember, the only people who had 'some' evidence was Hank and his partner. Some lose strings now is still Jesse and Hank's wife - also some documents and videos still at his home. I am sure police, if they get all of that together will pretty much get everything they need.

MKFrost

Expert Member
Looks like its all setting up for the next season with him heading off into the sunset to go get a new identity, Jesse being 'stored' away in the lab and Hank off to go push some daisies.....

Or will he settle the score in regards to his lost money before he leaves.....

House

Banned
Looks like its all setting up for the next season with him heading off into the sunset to go get a new identity, Jesse being 'stored' away in the lab and Hank off to go push some daisies.....

At least we know the show has been cancelled and this is the last season. The show will end off in the next two episodes and will be followed with a 2-hour documentary concluding the show. So, I am pretty much sure there will be no further seasons. I still think if anyone is heading off into the sunset, it may be Jesse. I think Walt will go down at the end.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident

Though S05 was the last?