BREAKING NEWS: A warrant of arrest has been issued for ANC Secretary General Ace Magashule.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Link

Johannesburg - A warrant of arrest has been issued for ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule, Independent Media reliably learnt on Tuesday night.

The National Prosecuting Authority’s warrant of arrest for Magashule comes after a number of high-profile arrests have been made recently.

Magashule has also confirmed knowledge of his intended arrest after Independent Media sent him questions at about 8.30pm on Tuesday.

"I'm aware. I'm aware,“ he said. ’’It's going to be a Hollywood style type of thing. But we will see," Magashule said.

*edit*

What in the hell is going on...

*edit*

As above...

If Ace Magashule’s arrest story was to test the waters, they look chilly for him

When the online arm of Independent Media falsely reported on Tuesday night that ANC Secretary-General Ace Magashule had been served with a warrant of arrest, it might have been an innocent mistake. But the speed with which Magashule-affiliated groups expressed concern suggested a more coordinated campaign afoot.

*EDIT (10 November 2020)*

Arrest warrant issued for ANC SG Ace Magashule over Free State asbestos saga

A warrant of arrest has been issued for the ANC’s secretary-general, Ace Magashule, in connection to the R255-million asbestos audit contract in the Free State. Magashule is expected to appear in court this week. Scorpio brings you this exclusive.

Last edited:

skimread

Honorary Master
I got excited for a moment then I read: Arrested for "failure to exercise oversight".

2 Problems with that.
- Every single government manager, minister and premier is guilty of it. Including Pravin and Ramaphosa.
- He can just use the same defense all ANC members used. They might not have done a good job but then you should blame the person or hiring committee who hired them in the first place. They are after all just deployed by the ANC. If they didn't have the necessary skills it is those who hired them or apartheids fault for denying them it.

rambo919

Honorary Master
maybe tomorrow this is actually true and we can say "and that officer is how the fight started"

cause the gangster might just try and shoot of bomb his way out

skimread

Honorary Master
Don't get too excited. The NPA f'd up the Vrede Dairy project to such an extent that Ace's lawyers will have plenty of ammunition to say if you didn't find any of those previously charged guilty then based on equality of law, why come after Ace for the much lesser charge of "failure of oversight". I have never heard of such a law. Does it even exist?

He will of course also use the fact that the PP never found him having a failure of oversight.

That's like murders getting off because the state couldn't prove their case so they go after the guy who didn't report those same not found guilty murderers to the police. Makes no sense. You should charge the whole lot. His lawyers are going to destroy those charges.

Last edited:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I just noted that it is only IOL running with this juicy story. Unless they are on the ball I have come to the point where IOL needs to be taken with a bag of salt and a good squirt of lemon juice in the eye, you also need to be rather drunk for believing their stories and talk a bit of Mandarin.

Grant

Honorary Master
I just noted that it is only IOL running with this juicy story. Unless they are on the ball I have come to the point where IOL needs to be taken with a bag of salt and a good squirt of lemon juice in the eye, you also need to be rather drunk for believing their stories and talk a bit of Mandarin.
It's been on sabc news as well