BREAKING NEWS: A warrant of arrest has been issued for ANC Secretary General Ace Magashule.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Yeah, while under oath you can give your own version which can be different from the truth.
Weird, the oath binds you to tell the truth. How is making up your own version consistent with the oath?

This country's moral compass points due evil.

clickingbuttons

I predict it will be the year 2025 and this literal piece of dog feces will still be walking free singing struggle songs to his "supporters".

Zondo 4.0 will be in full swing though...

Sinbad

Honorary Master
You wouldn’t normally lie to a judge if you’re innocent and if you’re guilty of a crime then it’s obvious that you’re also immoral enough to lie under oath. Not sure why people are surprised at the prospect.
Not surprised, and still maintain compass pov.

/tries to download a car

abzob

Honorary Master
Not surprised, and still maintain compass pov.

/tries to download a car
I would think that there are enough decent people in the country for our collective moral compass to at least be neutral. I know that I personally add quite a bit of weighting towards good.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I would think that there are enough decent people in the country for our collective moral compass to at least be neutral. I know that I personally add quite a bit of weighting towards good.
I'm sure I counter your contribution :D

/dev/null

Weird, the oath binds you to tell the truth. How is making up your own version consistent with the oath?

This country's moral compass points due evil.
It's a version of the truth that you will be giving. The court will be the one that decides the truth after all versions of the truth have been presented. There's no need to out yourself just because you are under oath. Simply give a version a see if the opposing lawyers can poke holes in it, if not then you get off scot-free.

That Dewani guy who got his wife killed in a staged hijacking gave his own version which the state grappled with. This led to him getting off scot-free. He even made up stories about being gay and having mental issues all in an effort to escape murder conviction. He had the right to do all of that - use the system.

umamankandla

I predict it will be the year 2025 and this literal piece of dog feces will still be walking free singing struggle songs to his "supporters".

Zondo 4.0 will be in full swing though...
Magashule is going to be president my dear. This is an exact repeat of Mbeki and Zuma. This is the 4K version, Mbeki/Zuma was only shot in HD early days.

Think of it as the Fast and Furious franchise

Splinter

Honorary Master
Dude, lying to a judge happens all the time, people take an oath, look the judge in the eye and lie, lawyers, the accused and witnesses.

Contrary to popular belief the truth shall never set you free, if you ever find yourself in court as an accused you take the oath and get on with the business of making sure you are not found guilty, if lying in required you do that, with a straight face and hope the judge buys it.

Finish and klaar skimread, take your goody two shoes argument somewhere.

You are somehow trying to justify lying to a judge - is it only because it's a black comrade?

Splinter

Honorary Master
It's a version of the truth that you will be giving. The court will be the one that decides the truth after all versions of the truth have been presented. There's no need to out yourself just because you are under oath. Simply give a version a see if the opposing lawyers can poke holes in it, if not then you get off scot-free.

That Dewani guy who got his wife killed in a staged hijacking gave his own version which the state grappled with. This led to him getting off scot-free. He even made up stories about being gay and having mental issues all in an effort to escape murder conviction. He had the right to do all of that - use the system.

I'm appalled. There is no "right" to lie. If you a scummy shite accused of murder, telling a lie is a bit of an easy thing to do.

If you Ace, telling lies is basically what you do from morning, till the next morning.

Splinter

Honorary Master

But did you actually read this article? A couple of excerpts:

"But, it's more than a decade later, and Mathekga argues that the ground has shifted. The ANC is wiser, he said, and Magashule may have a bigger hill to climb if he intends to use his court case to gain control of the party.

He will try to use this court case and the platform it provides to try and ascend to the highest office, just like Zuma. But the conditions have changed. For Magashule it is going to be a hard sell, but that does not mean he is not going to try because it has worked before, for Zuma,” said Mathekga.

Zuma had absolute support when he made his push. He had powerful allies and ordinary party members in his corner — and also the various ANC leagues firmly backing him. Magashule doesn't have that luxury. The ANC Youth League is currently defunct but the women's league, led by Bathabile Dlamini, who is understood to be a strong ally of Magashule, has shown no support — at least not publicly — for the secretary-general.""