BREAKING NEWS: A warrant of arrest has been issued for ANC Secretary General Ace Magashule.

umamankandla

A Chinese puppet? Look at you shifting goalposts.
Let us see if the ANC asks Ace to step down in line with the new policy regarding corruption charges.

If the ANC doesn't ask him to step down, we will see a lot more from Ace. We will know the ANCs decision very soon

Splinter

Honorary Master
Let us see if the ANC asks Ace to step down in line with the new policy regarding corruption charges.

If the ANC doesn't ask him to step down, we will see a lot more from Ace. We will know the ANCs decision very soon

What's this got to do with you calling Cyril a Chinese puppet?

/dev/null

I'm appalled. There is no "right" to lie. If you a scummy shite accused of murder, telling a lie is a bit of an easy thing to do.

If you Ace, telling lies is basically what you do from morning, till the next morning.
Sorry to let you know but stuff like that happens all the time all over the world. The court is the one that determines the truth, what is said under oath is just a version of the truth which will be tested via cross examination and argument to the court.

There would be no need for lawyers and criminal trails if every accused automatically told the true version of the truth when under oath.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Sorry to let you know but stuff like that happens all the time all over the world. The court is the one that determines the truth, what is said under oath is just a version of the truth which will be tested via cross examination and argument to the court.

There would be no need for lawyers and criminal trails if every accused automatically told the true version of the truth when under oath.

Of course. But you trying to justify it is just farked up.

/dev/null

Of course. But you trying to justify it is just farked up.
I'm just stating the truth, but not under oath.

Lets make an example with this Ace Magashule matter. During the bail hearing the prosecutor in arriving at his amount stated that the other accused who where arrested a few weeks prior all got bail ranging from R50k to R500k and so he felt that bail at R250k was appropriate for Magashule.

Magashule gave his own version asking that bail be set at R20k as that's all he can afford. Prosecutor gave a different version revealing that Magashule earns R133k per month for his ANC secretary-general job and that he has property valued at R700k.

After hearing these different versions, court decided the truth.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma

Where is the evidence of monthly calls?

surface

Honorary Master
You never put cash you received in the banking system. You just use it to pay for restaurants, gifts, groceries, trips, petrol and other things. Depositing cash in banks who defeat the purpose. I don't think they have the right to look at a person's bank statements and notice that the people involved never pay for anything.
I suppose you are right. I doubt if people that receive cash such deposit it in the banks but considering scale of such corruption that must involve millions, I always wonder how they manage it. Under the mattress, inside walls? Sho..

skimread

Honorary Master
I suppose you are right. I doubt if people that receive cash such deposit it in the banks but considering scale of such corruption that must involve millions, I always wonder how they manage it. Under the mattress, inside walls? Sho..
For very large amount there are other ways. Crypto currency. As well as have someone else deposit into an overseas bank account with banking secrecy. That's why they want to nationalize the Reserve bank so tender money can be transferred to secret overseas business accounts much easier. That is why the Guptas did. They claimed they had overseas expenses so laundered all their money through the Bank of Barado in South Africa. All that money flows are very hard to trace for South African prosecutors. Difficult to prove when asking for extradition request to get them back.

That asbestos tenderpreneur has a bank account in the Cayman islands that he visited after going to Cuba with Ace. It's all detailed in the book Gangster State. These Island havens' Bank secrecy doesn't allow them to divulge bank account information to anyone. Their economy depends on foreign money.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
As long as the ANC keeps handing out free tshirts, they will get the majority vote. Very sad.

IMG_20201116_072704.jpg

surface

Honorary Master
I'm just stating the truth, but not under oath.

Lets make an example with this Ace Magashule matter. During the bail hearing the prosecutor in arriving at his amount stated that the other accused who where arrested a few weeks prior all got bail ranging from R50k to R500k and so he felt that bail at R250k was appropriate for Magashule.

Magashule gave his own version asking that bail be set at R20k as that's all he can afford. Prosecutor gave a different version revealing that Magashule earns R133k per month for his ANC secretary-general job and that he has property valued at R700k.

After hearing these different versions, court decided the truth.
So Prosecutors said that he has one property worth 700K because he earns paltry 133K per month ?

Tander

Executive Member
As long as the ANC keeps handing out free tshirts, they will get the majority vote. Very sad.

View attachment 953547

The ANC literally could not campaign and still win the election. However, on the flip side - what other choice is there? No other political party is in a reasonable position to take over or even have a remote chance of giving the ANC something to worry about.

Take the lady in this picture; who else can she realistically vote for?

VooDooC

Expert Member
The ANC literally could not campaign and still win the election. However, on the flip side - what other choice is there? No other political party is in a reasonable position to take over or even have a remote chance of giving the ANC something to worry about.

Take the lady in this picture; who else can she realistically vote for?
Sadly, that is true.

Last week they had elections in Emfuleni, a place that is falling apart, they have almost daily protests against the current regime due to daily power failures, no water, etc. The protesters even went as far as going to the mayor's house and turned off his power.

Who did they vote for last week? You guessed it, the ANC...

They complain, protest, riot, whatever due to the lack of service and then the following day they go and vote for those they protested against the previous day.