BREAKING NEWS: A warrant of arrest has been issued for ANC Secretary General Ace Magashule.

air

Expert Member
Sadly, that is true.

Last week they had elections in Emfuleni, a place that is falling apart, they have almost daily protests against the current regime due to daily power failures, no water, etc. The protesters even went as far as going to the mayor's house and turned off his power.

Who did they vote for last week? You guessed it, the ANC...

They complain, protest, riot, whatever due to the lack of service and then the following day they go and vote for those they protested against the previous day.
LOL, can't fix this type of stupid - move on.

smi

Expert Member
Transfers? I've done way more than that with no problem. It's when cash of R25000 or more is deposited that they have to report it to the authorities.
Yes, an eft from vehicle insurance claim. Had to wait 3 days before they released the funds. They didn't even notify me they, I had to query why it was pending

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Sadly, that is true.

Last week they had elections in Emfuleni, a place that is falling apart, they have almost daily protests against the current regime due to daily power failures, no water, etc. The protesters even went as far as going to the mayor's house and turned off his power.

Who did they vote for last week? You guessed it, the ANC...

They complain, protest, riot, whatever due to the lack of service and then the following day they go and vote for those they protested against the previous day.

I can understand the older people and the uneducated, but the young and educated should understand how democracy works, and the consequences of voting.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I can understand the older people and the uneducated, but the young and educated should understand how democracy works, and the consequences of voting.
Educated is very much the minority among young nowadays.

Sollie

Executive Member
Dude, lying to a judge happens all the time, people take an oath, look the judge in the eye and lie, lawyers, the accused and witnesses.

Contrary to popular belief the truth shall never set you free, if you ever find yourself in court as an accused you take the oath and get on with the business of making sure you are not found guilty, if lying in required you do that, with a straight face and hope the judge buys it.

Finish and klaar skimread, take your goody two shoes argument somewhere.
Thanks for the advice. Been in court many times, never had to lie. But I guess that's because I was a witness each time.

There are times I have also come up with more money that I had previously claimed to have, it happens.
Good to know you've been out on bail multiple times? Please give tips ... :oops:

:D

jack_spratt

Expert Member
The ANC literally could not campaign and still win the election. However, on the flip side - what other choice is there? No other political party is in a reasonable position to take over or even have a remote chance of giving the ANC something to worry about.

Take the lady in this picture; who else can she realistically vote for?
VF+

VooDooC

Expert Member

yebocan

Honorary Master
One of two things. Either the state jumped the gun and just assumed she will testify against Ace, or she was bought/threatened.
I have come to realise, .... allow all the drama (sure plenty of kak going on behind the scenes) first to play out, allow authorities (NPA head or the State Capture Prosecuting Head) to comment. Media are in business of selling news and bad news is our staple food.

/dev/null

I have come to realise, .... allow all the drama (sure plenty of kak going on behind the scenes) first to play out, allow authorities (NPA head or the State Capture Prosecuting Head) to comment. Media are in business of selling news and bad news is our staple food.
I don't think you should blame the media on this one because during the bail hearing, the prosecutor stated that the former PA is now a state witness and asked that one of the bail conditions should be that no one in Magashule's camp contacts her. The magistrate then made that a bail condition.

yebocan

Honorary Master
I don't think you should blame the media on this one because during the bail hearing, the prosecutor stated that the former PA is now a state witness and asked that one of the bail conditions should be that no one in Magashule's camp contacts her. The magistrate then made that a bail condition.
not blaming them at all,... just waiting for NPA to release official statement on the matter.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

NPA insists Magashule's former PA will testify and has co-operated with the state​

The National Prosecuting Authority said on Sunday that the former personal assistant of ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule has co-operated with the state and will testify against her former boss.

The NPA was reacting to a report in the City Press newspaper that Moroadi Cholota had said she had not agreed to testify for the state against Magashule, who appeared in court on November 13 on charges of fraud, corruption and money laundering.

The case relates to the R255m Free State asbestos roofing removal tender, while Magashule was premier of the province.

While only R21m went to a company that did an audit of houses with asbestos roofs in the province, the rest allegedly went to a number of businesspeople, politicians and government officials.

Magashule is one of 13 accused who was arrested in connection with the asbestos roof case. Others include business-person Edwin Sodi, former Mangaung mayor Olly Mlamleli and Free State human settlements head of department Nthimotse Mokhesi.

City Press said in an e-mail exchange between the Hawks and Cholota, the former PA said it was odd that she had been placed on record as a witness in the absence of a prior agreement that she would assist the law-enforcement authorities.

NPA spokesperson Sipho Ngwema said on Sunday that the criminal prosecution will take place in court and not in the court of “public opinion”.

He said Cholota has co-operated with the state and will testify.

“We note the attempt to cast aspersions on the case and create diversions. We shall not be drawn to those,” Ngwema said.

He cautioned against running a criminal prosecution in the court of public opinion.

“There cannot be two parallel processes. I can assure you that we have been in communication with the witness and we are fairly satisfied with the fact that she is going to testify and she has co-operated with the state.”

Ngwema said what mattered was what is going to happen in the court of law.

“It is in the interests of other parties to try and cast doubt on our case. We are fairly confident we have a good case and that case continues.

“There is a lot of fabrication in what is circulating around and we are not worrying ourselves about these kind of things,” Ngwema said.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I would love to know how the City Press have had eyes on this 'alleged' email... These aren’t emails which should be disseminated.

3WA

Executive Member
NPA should just declare that Zuma has turned state witness. Then all the assassins go for Zuma. Real assassins, not the quarter-dose-of-poison kind.