BREAKING: President Donald Trump has been impeached for a historic second time

Thirstycurve

Surv0

Executive Member
All that actually counts is if the senate charges him, which is probably unlikely, but saying that, there are 10 YAY votes on the house republican side, so who knows how many senators decide to back them up or have any dignity/spines.

Thirstycurve

All that actually counts is if the senate charges him, which is probably unlikely, but saying that, there are 10 YAY votes on the house republican side, so who knows how many senators decide to back them up or have any dignity/spines.
So the Senate votes and only if Trump gets voted out (more yea than nays) he must leave immediately and can't run ever again?

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
1610574556599.png

For the first time ............ ever .......... in the history of the world .......... and this great nation of ours, I have ..... apart from my Ivankas peach, would I would eat if .... I have been impeached twice. Lets Make America Great Again !!!!

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
What does this mean? Is it like a baseball thing where you get three strikes and you are out?

To convict and kick him out of office and also bar him from holding office again, the senate would need to vote with a two third majority.

Senate and Republican leader mcconnell has currently indicated he is leaning to convict. This might suggest the senate have the numbers to remove but still a few twists and turns I think.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
To convict and kick him out of office and also bar him from holding office again, the senate would need to vote with a two third majority.

Senate and Republican leader mcconnell has currently indicated he is leaning to convict. This might suggest the senate have the numbers to remove but still a few twists and turns I think.
Agree .......... interesting times ahead .......

Thirstycurve

I appreciate this, thank you for sharing. The Senate trail will only start after 20 Jan. There doesn't seem to be enough support, yes, more than last time but I don't think enough

Last edited:

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
And they doesn't seem enough support, yes, more than last time but I don't think enough

It's unclear at the moment, I would say 70/30 chance in favour of no conviction. Let's see what happens in the coming days/weeks.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
I think Mitch McConnel has bought some time to mold opinion.

Trump has done a lot of damage to the image of the GOP, and his support has waned this last week, except of course for the likes of Lindsey Graham who seems to flip flop all over ...... same spine as Ramaphosa that one.

IMHO, Mitch McConnel blames you know who for the loss of the Senate, and has it in for the guy.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

As I posted in the other thread, it seems the bar on holding public office only requires a simple majority vote, not conviction.

Will need to see how it plays out, but that can happen in a Dem senate.

*edit*

Sorry, I see now that vote requires conviction first, but still only requires a simple majority.

Conviction in an impeachment trial would not automatically disqualify Mr. Trump from future public office. But if the Senate were to convict him, the Constitution allows a subsequent vote to bar an official from holding “any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.”

That vote would require only a simple majority of senators.

Last edited:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
lol.

3WA

Executive Member
Can the Senate still do their thing after Biden is sworn in, or does it have to happen before that?

rietrot

Honorary Master
What does this mean? Is it like a baseball thing where you get three strikes and you are out?
Impeachment means the house charge him with a crime.

The trial takes place in the Senate and they'll most likely just find him not guilty same as last time.

If it is even going that far this time. Not sure how it works with 6days left.