BREAKING: President Donald Trump has been impeached for a historic second time

daveza

Honorary Master
Question -

Trump has been impeached - mission accomplished for the Dems.

Can they call off the Senate Trial as some kind of olive branch ?

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
and Biden isnt?

point is, Trump, like Hitler is a great orator,
maybe weird, but I wouldn't discount what madness he might do next.

Im even going to say, maybe president of a far right militia, that tries a coup.
you cant actually know what he is thinking, and what he will do next.

Sorry bud, you lost me at 'Trumo is a great orator'

daelm

Expert Member

i think that'll be part of the calculus now. but there's a technical problem with doing so, in that they then have to account for the actual impeachment, which is effectively a charge. but, yes, expect to see that as part of the discussion.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Question -

Trump has been impeached - mission accomplished for the Dems.

Nope.

They're going to make him pay for nearly getting them shot or lynched. People on the day didn't realise how close they were to that happening, but as the timelines are being connected to the various parties, it will hit home.

People tend to take such things personally.

daelm

Expert Member
Nope.

They're going to make him pay for nearly getting them shot or lynched. People on the day didn't realise how close they were to that happening, but as the timelines are being connected to the various parties, it will hit home.

People tend to take such things personally.

i think you're right. there will definitely be tactical discussions about how best to use the threat of the trial, but the sheer impact of people being killed in the capitol is underestimated. and as the years of unrelated militia and racist planning for this or that event, like the recent parler messages calling for decapitation and burning, all enter the public domain it's more gas on the fire. i think a lot of people just aren't online all the time, so it's all going to come as a shock. really no idea where this goes when the underbelly just becomes the belly.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Impeachment entertainment:

Dems: The white supremacist, nazi, bigot is a disgrace to our democracy after trying to cause a insurrection by inciting his supporters.

Reps: The tragic events on Jan 6 will never be forgotten. The president however didn't incite a violent overthrow of authority and instead denounce violence.

Dems: The white supremacist, nazi, bigot is a disgrace to our democracy after trying to cause a insurrection by inciting his supporters.

Reps: The nation is divided, the people are scared of having their freedom undermined. The president asked for a march towards he capital as demonstrators. Considering the supporters crossing the capital fence, no such incitement was made.

Reps: Maybe if we stop fear mongering and try to focus on the issues at hand including why the sitting president doesn't recognise the voting outcome to be factual we will start removing this wedge in the nation.

GreatWmR

AdrianH

Expert Member
If the only reason for him becoming president was to evade criminal charges, then it would have been far easier for him to simply emigrate to Russia or some other country with no extradition treaty.

Well, that's one way to avoid prosecution, will have to remember this if I get busted for something. :laugh:

daelm

Expert Member
Impeachment entertainment:

Reps: The tragic events on Jan 6 will never be forgotten. The president however didn't incite a violent overthrow of authority and instead denounce violence.

Dems: The white supremacist, nazi, bigot is a disgrace to our democracy after trying to cause a insurrection by inciting his supporters .

Reps: The nation is divided, the people are scared of having their freedom undermined. The president asked for a march towards he capital as demonstrators. Considering the supporters crossing the capital fence, no such incitement was made.

Reps: Maybe if we stop fear mongering and try to focus on the issues at hand including why the sitting president doesn't recognise the voting outcome to be factual we will start removing this wedge in the nation.

you 100% got me. i'm stumped.

i will have to convert to your ideology immediately or risk being called a hypocrite. where do I sign up?