BREAKING: President Donald Trump has been impeached for a historic second time

RedViking

Nord of the South
If this source is anything to go by:

When a president leaves office, they are entitled to a range of benefits at the expense of the taxpayer - including a pension thought to be about $200,000 a year, an annual $1m for travel expenses, and money for staff.

As impeachment is not a legal proceeding, there is no chance of double jeopardy - meaning Mr Trump could still be prosecuted for the same acts that saw him impeached.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Hopefully Trump wont be convicted. I want him to run for the next election. He will spend the next 4 your plotting his revenge against anyone and everyone, and I have a feeling his campaign will be epic. Such great entertainment value!

surface

Honorary Master
If this source is anything to go by:

Sho, there are all kinds of opinions. I am sure it is complicated. There is one judge who is absolutely certain that it is unconstitutional to have a senate trial once he leaves office as he is incumbent no more. Others (in comments) have called him out as he is apparently a right leaning judge but who knows really.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Hopefully Trump wont be convicted. I want him to run for the next election. He will spend the next 4 your plotting his revenge against anyone and everyone, and I have a feeling his campaign will be epic. Such great entertainment value!
Pfft, does he even have some beans to spill? Looks like a lame duck to me.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Pfft, does he even have some beans to spill? Looks like a lame duck to me.

Spilling beans is what weak politicians do because they have nothing else to offer.

Imagine the total meltdown of democrats and liberals if he runs again...LOLLOL...it will be glorious!

surface

Honorary Master
Spilling beans is what weak politicians do because they have nothing else to offer.

Imagine the total meltdown of democrats and liberals if he runs again...LOLLOL...it will be glorious!
But will it be more glorious than not wearing mask, getting corona and showing it to libtards ?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Running under Republican ticket?

rvZA

This is all academic.

The senate will now have to decide whether they will remove Trump and secondly, whether he can ever hold office again.

Problem is, Senate only gets together on the 19th again, a day before Trump leaves office.

So, the first issue of removing him as President, will not happen. They will only sit, after his departure to decide if he can ever hold office again.

eg2505

Honorary Master
so Trump is the only president ever in Americas History that has been impeached, only one term and lost popular vote.

what happens to the man afterwards? I dont think they will open a museum of Trump anytime soon, like some other presidents.

has Trump said what he is going to do once he isnt president?

grab some P***y and play golf?
or get back to TV show making?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
What would he be charged with? Crimes against the state type charges, like insurrection or treason etc? Do those not carry the death sentence? Hectic.

rvZA

Can the Senate still do their thing after Biden is sworn in, or does it have to happen before that?

It won't happen before that. The Senate only sits on the 19th. It will all happen after the 19th, and well after he already left office. That being said, they can't send him to jail like a court. They do have limited actions they can take.

AdrianH

Expert Member
It won't happen before that. The Senate only sits on the 19th. It will all happen after the 19th. That being said, they can't send him to jail like a court. They do have limited actions they can take.

Yeah, this is to basically block him from holding a government position again including running for a second term.

rvZA

What would he be charged with? Crimes against the state type charges, like insurrection or treason etc? Do those not carry the death sentence? Hectic.
Something like insurrection and inciting violence.

That being said, the senate do not send people to jail. He won't stand trial in a criminal court either.

At most the Senate can only decide to remove him as president and ban him from ever holding office again.