BREAKING: President Donald Trump has been impeached for a historic second time

ForceFate

Honorary Master
This pattern is like a child that believes that if he just repeats something enough times everyone will be forced to believe him.... yes there are some superficial similarities but not nearly enough of substance to actually equate the two.

Of course I would have a better time agreeing if the purpose of the equivocation was honest and not just a lazy direct mud against the wall attack on people themselves that do not also poop-on-trump with the goal of getting them to shut up so the poopers can monopolize the conversation.

I would like to believe you are better than this level of childishness but you keep proving my hopes wrong.
I hope you're doing some introspection as well.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I hope you're doing some introspection as well.
Oh I am, I have had a LOT of introspection over the last year.... more than I thought was needed beforehand.

People are like toothpaste, you squeeze them and their real selves comes out..... my real self needs a LOT of improvement.....

rambo919

Honorary Master
That's partly my point. Hypocrites. Lol
No hypocrisy, the level of filth being thrown at him actually is disproportionate to what he does wrong.

If people rather focused on what he ACTUALLY does wrong rather than on everything from his weight to his voice to his odour to his opinions.... the conversation would be different.

EDIT: autocorrect....

Last edited:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Oh I am, I have had a LOT of introspection over the last year.... more than I thought was needed beforehand.

People are like toothpaste, you squeeze them and their real selves comes out..... my real self needs a LOT of improvement.....
Great. Trump deserves whatever"s heading his way. I wish we could do the same with some of our current and previous politicians.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
No hippocampus, the level of filth being thrown at him actually is disproportionate to what he does wrong.

If people rather focussed on what he ACTUALLY does wrong rather than on everything from his weight to his voice to his odour to his opinions.... the conversation would be different.
For a country that has modelled itself as the epitome of democracy and human rights, I think he"s receiving what he deserves for bringing entire country into disrepute. He has been divisive in his speeches since taking over as president.

Americans deserve better (whether Rep or Dem).

rambo919

Honorary Master
Great. Trump deserves whatever"s heading his way.
Given that most of the hate against him is either rooted in snobbery or ideology.... no he's gonna get WAY more than he deserves either way.

Of course a lot of love for him is similarly rooted in fear or ideology, the people need a champion and if the only one available is a con then he will have to do.

I wish we could do the same with some of our current and previous politicians.
That would mean admitting that apartheid is nothing more than a scapegoat and that the ANC is the actual problem.....

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Given that most of the hate against him is either rooted in snobbery or ideology.... no he's gonna get WAY more than he deserves either way.

Of course a lot of love for him is similarly rooted in fear or ideology, the people need a champion and if the only one available is a con then he will have to do.

That would mean admitting that apartheid is nothing more than a scapegoat and that the ANC is the actual problem.....
All bases covered. I said current and previous for obvious reasons. The past 12 or so years have entrenched corruption and gross maladministration of our institutions. For that, they deserve treatment as bad as that of Trump.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I cannot help but wonder whether this is playing out in a manner the Trump-administration intends it to.

Unfortunately there's no way to know this now.

rambo919

Honorary Master
For a country that has modelled itself as the epitome of democracy and human rights, I think he"s receiving what he deserves for bringing entire country into disrepute. He has been divisive in his speeches since taking over as president.

Americans deserve better (whether Rep or Dem).
That is the propaganda but it was never true.

He did not bring the country into disrepute he shattered the illusion. Many of his foreign policy changes were things that foreigners actually wanted to happen instead, MANY foreigners LOVE the man for what he tried to do and HATE the swamp. This is how he managed to broker historic peace deals and take out evil men to the unprecidented point where common Iranians at least for a while stopped disrespecting the american flag.

rambo919

Honorary Master
All bases covered. I said current and previous for obvious reasons. The past 12 or so years have entrenched corruption and gross maladministration of our institutions. For that, they deserve treatment as bad as that of Trump.
Personally I think that this year will be the final tipping point and by next year the masses will be attempting to destroy the ANC, vengeance is coming.

yebocan

Honorary Master

your real self, is a glorious being of light... -need to just get the ego /construct that we create and identify as being us/the I ....to retract enough for your real self to start emerging...than the magic happens.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Personally I think that this year will be the final tipping point and by next year the masses will be attempting to destroy the ANC, vengeance is coming.
I've seen small changes in sentiment. People who would've never left ANC actually voted DA in 2019, despite all the issues of the time. It's a tiny sample but it's promising. Unfortunately DA are way too blind to see opportunity.

rambo919

Honorary Master
your real self, is a glorious being of light... -need to just get the ego /construct that we create and identify as being us/the I ....to retract enough for your real self to start emerging...than the magic happens.
You know.... I worry about you....

rambo919

Honorary Master
I've seen small changes in sentiment. People who would've never left ANC actually voted DA in 2019, despite all the issues of the time. It's a tiny sample but it's promising. Unfortunately DA are way too blind to see opportunity.
The DA is just as systematically corrupt and blind as the GOP. They are a placeholder for something better that attempts to do what they think the masses want.

Cius

Executive Member
Would be nice to see but I am not sure. The poor voters are surprisingly tolerant of the ANC's failures, especially when they plod along and things don't really get worse. However due to their mismanagement of the economy and the Covid crisis things have gotten a lot worse. People are losing the little they had. I am seeing homeless camps start up all around us and hearing of more and more households merging.

When that happens which direction they jump is a little hard to predict and for each person it could be a different direction. Some of the options we know will happen:
1. ANC voters stop voting. A lot of the poor voice discontent by just not voting at all
2. Some will switch their vote. The older generation is far less likely to do this than the young but they are a shrinking percentage of the total. Vote changing is tantamount to treason to them so they tend to rather not vote. The young will unfortunately mostly switch to the EFF.
3. People will protest, and lawlessness in protests will continue to increase with people's frustration at having no money, opportunities, education or hope pushing them to taking what they want via looting.

Less certain options but possible:
- More splits in the ANC
- The ANC becoming more militant and authoritarian towards protests and dissent
- Increase in political violence
- Severe and violent Xenephobia towards African immigrants again
- Civil war
- Cape succession

The more severe the economic pain the more likely the extreme results come such as civil war and the country splitting up. If we hit hyperinflation I don't see how the Cape does not succeed.