BREAKING: President Donald Trump has been impeached for a historic second time

Splinter

Honorary Master
Oh I am, I have had a LOT of introspection over the last year.... more than I thought was needed beforehand.

People are like toothpaste, you squeeze them and their real selves comes out..... my real self needs a LOT of improvement.....

When are you going to start, though?

R13...

Honorary Master
Lol. The Reps complained the Dems started talking about impeachment on Trump's first day - now the Reps are talking impeachment a week before Biden starts !
Just a circus.
The Dems are wasting time and just posturing with this latest impeachment. Only suicidal republicans would vote to remove Trump. They didn't expect that McConnel would rush the thing through so they can vote. His conviction would about as credible as the acquittal Trump and his supporters like to refer to at his first trial.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I think when Biden takes office the Senate will be 52 Democrats to 48 Republicans. The Senate needs a 2/3rds majority to convict so they need 67 guilty votes, 15 Republicans need to also vote guilty. Will be interesting indeed as I believe its not a secret ballot.

It’s 50/50 with Kamala breaking the tie so Democratic Senate.

As of the 20th, Chuck Schumer is Majority Leader and voting rules are whatever Democrats say they are.

Sure, two thirds to convict but I believe five Republicans are ready to go already... The rest will have to sit through Impeachment Managers showing video evidence and calling witnesses.

It’ll be brutal.

Losing an election has consequences.

surface

Honorary Master
Yeah, I would love to see the whole Zuma clan behind bars.
And Gupta clan but you probably mean that already. IMO, it will be easy to put guptas behind bars because they have no people support anywhere compared to some support Zuma clan enjoys. It won't be procedurally easy of course.

konfab

Honorary Master
It’s 50/50 with Kamala breaking the tie so Democratic Senate.

As of the 20th, Chuck Schumer is Majority Leader and voting rules are whatever Democrats say they are.

Sure, two thirds to convict but I believe five Republicans are ready to go already... The rest will have to sit through Impeachment Managers showing video evidence and calling witnesses.

It’ll be brutal.

Losing an election has consequences.
Honestly, I don't even think the Dems would actually want a full impeachment with conviction to go through and to have Trump stripped of secret service protection. Can you imagine the shytestorm if Trump was shot by a peaceful BLM supporter?

rvZA

I get that, I’m asking if the Senate can continue with this process after Biden takes over (i.e. they still follow through and prevent Trump from running again).

I did a little reading and it looks like it’ll need to go to court for a decision on that.

As far as my knowledge goes, yes, they can and they probably will too. I am not sure if they need to go to court.

Reactions: 3WA

rietrot

Honorary Master
Honestly, I don't even think the Dems would actually want a full impeachment with conviction to go through and to have Trump stripped of secret service protection. Can you imagine the shytestorm if Trump was shot by a peaceful BLM supporter?
They'll probably just celebrate it no real shitstorm.

Last edited:

greg0205

Honorary Master
I highly doubt any president will be prosecuted criminally after leaving office. There are protections in place. Unless he has committed war crimes, the ICC can well take steps.

At worst, Trump can be banned from holding a public office again.
Nope.

He was protected from prosecution by his AG *while* sitting as president.

As citizen Trump he's in a world of hurt.

The Manhattan AG and SDNY have been building cases for nearly two years now, and last Wednesday will see criminal and civil cases lodged against him.

rvZA

Nope.

He was protected from prosecution by his AG *while* sitting as president.

As citizen Trump he's in a world of hurt.

The Manhattan AG and SDNY have been building cases for nearly two years now, and last Wednesday will see criminal and civil cases lodged against him.

May well be, but let's wait and see until those cases ends up in a court.

greg0205

Honorary Master
with everything thats happened in the last few years,
whats normal anyway?
Trump will go cap in Hand to the Democrats, and beg to be let in,
and continue to cause chaos, even as a Democrat.
Democrats - and I can't stress this enough - *hate* him.

Polling on him is in the high nineties who disapprove.

The best description of your post is fan fiction.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Protection of former presidents is in the best interests of the country.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Democrats - and I can't stress this enough - *hate* him.

Polling on him is in the high nineties who disapprove.

The best description of your post is fan fiction.
its happened before

Trump's political party affiliation has changed numerous times. He registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987, switched to the Reform Party in 1999, the Democratic Party in 2001, and back to the Republican Party in 2009.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Lol. The Reps complained the Dems started talking about impeachment on Trump's first day - now the Reps are talking impeachment a week before Biden starts !
It's performative bulls**t for her Qanon sheep.

It's dead and she hasn't even introduced it... And she know it.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Just a circus.
The Dems are wasting time and just posturing with this latest impeachment. Only suicidal republicans would vote to remove Trump. They didn't expect that McConnel would rush the thing through so they can vote. His conviction would about as credible as the acquittal Trump and his supporters like to refer to at his first trial.

Well, apparently their are some republicans with hopes of running for president in 2024. If trump is successfully impeached, that blocks him from running again. I don't think any republican has hopes of winning if Trump stands again.

So - self-interest may just help here.

greg0205

Honorary Master
its happened before

Trump's political party affiliation has changed numerous times. He registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987, switched to the Reform Party in 1999, the Democratic Party in 2001, and back to the Republican Party in 2009.

Yeah, *he* changed party affiliation.

Here's an analogy:

I've been a Liverpool fan since the early 80s, but...

I'm a Manchester United fan now.

Am I United's club manager yet?

No?

Weird that, don't 'cah think eg2505? I mean I switched teams and everything.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Yeah, *he* changed party affiliation.

Here's an analogy:

I've been a Liverpool fan since the early 80s, but...

I'm a Manchester United fan now.

Am I United's club manager yet?

No?

Weird that, don't 'cah think eg2505? I mean I switched teams and everything.
my point is,
he did it before, he can do it again.
decide to be a Democrat, and quack like a duck if it gets him to be president again.