• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

BREAKING: Trump, Kim commit to 'complete denuclearisation' of Korean Peninsula

mmmig

Executive Member
Like that's going to happen although S.Korea acquiring North Korea's nukes will allow them reunite the peninsula and keep China at bay

buka001

Expert Member
Oh so they didn't achieve anything new?

April 27th 2018 - Panmunjon Declaration - "The DPRK commits to working towards complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula"

What I hoped to see, but kind of expected that I would not is wording about verification, inspections and timetables. Perhaps this will come in further negotiations.

Never the less I am glad there is positive dialogue between the two.

I just hope Bolton doesn't decide in two months that things are moving too slow.

Pox

Expert Member
Work towards != commit

As said above, this only means something if there are details and timetables.

Merlin

Expert Member
I'm more concerned about Trump having control over nukes than North Korea. That man is gravely unstable.

R13...

Honorary Master
This is what was signed in 1993 between the USA and the DPRK.
The US didn't deliver any of the promises made to extract that agreement out of NK and then Bush added them to the axis of evil some time later, so they had no incentive to continue behaving. I wonder what deal they're being promised this go round. Kinda ironic if they do get a deal, Iran-style, from Trump who has spent all his campaign and presidency deriding the deal the Obama admin made with the Iranians lol.

buka001

Expert Member
The US didn't deliver any of the promises made to extract that agreement out of NK and then Bush added them to the axis of evil some time later, so they had no incentive to continue behaving. I wonder what deal they're being promised this go round. Kinda ironic if they do get a deal, Iran-style, from Trump who has spent all his campaign and presidency deriding the deal the Obama admin made with the Iranians lol.
Oh this "deal" is nothing like the Iran deal. The Iran deal had specific details on inspections, timelines and so on.

This agreement is pretty much the same as the April 2018 deal and a step backwards from the 1993 agreement.

crysis

Expert Member
I believe this deal is to allow a relaxation of sanctions against NK and allow humanitarian aid to flow in the country for a short time. This has been done before.

buka001

Expert Member
Apparently US has agreed to cease all military exercises with SK. Also looking to remove troops from SK.

Impressive win by NK.

Techne

Executive Member
Well, it will certainly be fun to watch those that suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome try and contort this into how this is a massive fail for Trump.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Apparently US has agreed to cease all military exercises with SK. Also looking to remove troops from SK.

Impressive win by NK.
This whole meeting is an impressive bit of propaganda for the rocket man. He's gonna look like a hero back home.

Sl8er

Executive Member
BREAKING: Trump, Kim commit to 'complete denuclearisation' of Korean Peninsula

Maybe not *today, maybe not tomorrow...but somewhere, sometime, trumpa-lumpa will break this agreement as well.

*Ok, definitely not today :D

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Well, it will certainly be fun to watch those that suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome try and contort this into how this is a massive fail for Trump.
It's a win for his marketing department, no one else.

Can we take bets on whether this is going to happen or not?

rietrot

Executive Member
Let NK keep their nukes. Mutually assured destruction prevents another WW. Either everybody can have nukes or nobody.