Bridge collapsed at Vanderbijlpark school. Two fatalities reported.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Hell no... If I was at that school I would never use that bridge again or walk under it....

Venomous

Honorary Master
Hell no... If I was at that school I would never use that bridge again or walk under it....
That depends. Are they rebuilding or just patching up. If the first then hopefully they build it with a better design and more support. If the later, then hell to the no.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
That depends. Are they rebuilding or just patching up. If the first then hopefully they build it with a better design and more support. If the later, then hell to the no.
The photos indicate they're rebuilding, and it seems to be a better design (proper steel support structure and all that)... still wouldn't catch me on it though or under it if I can help it.

VooDooC

Well the original bridge lasted for a good 35 years or so, if this one is done properly it could last another 30-40

ponder

Honorary Master
The photos indicate they're rebuilding, and it seems to be a better design (proper steel support structure and all that)... still wouldn't catch me on it though or under it if I can help it.
Thing is the balconies/walk ways outside the classrooms seem to be of a similar design to the old bridge...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Thing is the balconies/walk ways outside the classrooms seem to be of a similar design to the old bridge...
That they do...

So maybe I should retract that, and just stay on or under the new bridge.... it might be safest...

buka001

Expert Member
New bridge looks pretty solid.

Logical fallacy to think it would be unsafe. But human nature, so perfectly understandable.

ponder

Honorary Master
Solidarity said the postponement came after the BLF simply ignored the court date for the hearing of the matter, despite papers being served on the party.

Judge Ratha Mokgoathleng ordered that a notice be placed in the Beeld, The Star and Sowetan newspapers because the case was of constitutional importance and the court required the presence of the BLF.
A subpoena followed by arrest might be more productive.

Craig

Honorary Master
I still don't understand what kind of sick person would celebrate the death of a kid, I also don't understand how this POS is still tolerated in our society.