British man who battled Covid-19 and malaria survives cobra bite in India

schumi

Honorary Master
New Delhi, India - A British charity worker who survived coronavirus, dengue and malaria was recovering after a potentially deadly snake bite in western India's Rajasthan state.

Ian Jones was bitten by an Indian cobra in rural Jodhpur district of the desert state and admitted to hospital in Jodhpur city, about 350 kilometres (220 miles) from the regional capital Jaipur.

"Jones came to us last week after a snake bite in a village in the region. Initially it was suspected that he is also Covid-19 positive (for the second time) but he tested negative for that," doctor Abhishek Tater, who treated him at the local Medipulse Hospital, told AFP on Saturday.

"While with us, he was conscious and had snake bite symptoms including blurring of vision and difficulty to walk, but these are generally transient symptoms," Tater added.

Jones was discharged earlier in the week. "We feel that there won't be any long term effects. If he hasn't already improved, he'd do so

More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/br...in-india-366c4de7-5708-4de2-a073-945829629451

Flywheel

Honorary Master
The indian cobras venom contains a powerful neurotoxin and cardiotoxin. That oke is stronger than an ox - he is lucky his heart and lungs still worked.

neoprema

Expert Member
I would really avoid anything further if I was him. Just find a quiet little place to retire and stay home. There's only so many free passes...

SNLV30

This guy will probably die from something stupid, like slipping on a banana peel or falling out of bed

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Jirre that sounds like a painful way to die eh. Imagine electricity coursing through your penis and ballsack...
Funny Story that. Years ago at veldschool the one kid took a whizz on a electric fence. Sadly - he was barefoot. I swear - he never walked the same after that.