British series, mini-series and dramas .....

Spizz

Goat Botherer
So Line of Duty. I have spotted something that I think may be a clue to the identity of 'H'. So potentially a spoiler if you don't want to know but it is in the show so maybe it is a clue that we were meant to see?

In episode 3 when H was typing to John through the laptop, he spelled the word 'definitely' wrong. He typed it as 'definAtely'.

In episode 4 when Hastings grabbed the keyboard and assumed the identity of 'H' when they were trying to trick John, he also spelled it wrong in the same way.

So, maybe just an illiterate techie on the production crew at the BBC, or was it in fact a hint at the identity of 'H'?

Yugster

Have been trawling nzb for British mini-series and have found a few gems but I'm sure there are more ?

Inside Men
The Politicians Wife
Heat of the Sun
Amnesia
Unforgiven
Painted Lady
Blackpool
Crow Road
House of Cards Trilogy
Edge of Darkness
Harry's Game

Any recommendations ?
Dark heart
Marcella
The Bay

daveza

Honorary Master
Just checking - tonight they air the last episode of Line of Duty ?

If so I'm going to start from E1 now, watch half the season and finish the rest tomorrow.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Ok so someone else agrees with me about Line of Duty Season 5 :)

From the Guardian:

Jed Mercurio’s cop drama has at times become a parody of its usual brilliant self in its fifth outing – even a stirring final episode couldn’t redeem it.

R13...

Honorary Master

From the Guardian:

Jed Mercurio’s cop drama has at times become a parody of its usual brilliant self in its fifth outing – even a stirring final episode couldn’t redeem it.
Good watch but doesn't help that the recurring cast are not the best of actors, rather wooden.

Last edited:

Spizz

Goat Botherer

From the Guardian:

It's just a TV cop drama with twists and turns, not a Masters degree dissertation on the inner workings of police corruption.

I'm really enjoying it and can't wait to see the final episode tonight :p

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Good watch but doesn't help that the recurring cast are the best of actors, rather wooden.
I've often wondered why they gave Martin Compston an English accent which I can't help notice every time he speaks. He's from Glasgow and it's not unusual for Met Police officers to be Scottish so it wouldn't be a push.

daveza

Honorary Master
Must avoid spoilers until after G.O.T. and 3 more episodes of Line of Duty tonight.

Oh, and there's also The Durrells to squeeze in.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Must avoid spoilers until after G.O.T. and 3 more episodes of Line of Duty tonight.

Oh, and there's also The Durrells to squeeze in.
Indeed. Keeping away from Twitter and any possibility to stumble across a spoiler for those two shows.

Haven't tried the Durrells yet and I have a vacancy for a good British show. Is it good/great/awesome?

Grouter

Expert Member
Indeed. Keeping away from Twitter and any possibility to stumble across a spoiler for those two shows.

Haven't tried the Durrells yet and I have a vacancy for a good British show. Is it good/great/awesome?
You can watch it with your Gran. Yes, it's good. Very enjoyable way to pass an hour in front of the TV.

Daruk

Honorary Master

From the Guardian:

Funny, I was saying the same thing at the second last episode. They just rushed it by the looks. Totally unbelievable.