Broadband more important than revenue: Minister

Sinbad

Honorary Master
translation:

rich whites will pay for your broadband with their taxes, so we don't need a sustainable model.

The_MAC

Executive Member
What a fool.

Its exactly this mentality that got us here in the first place

Thor

Honorary Master
Broadband more important than revenue

That is why our country looks like it does!

Can't buy food to feed your children, but hey don't worry you can get internet at your home.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
translation:

rich whites will pay for your broadband with their taxes, so we don't need a sustainable model.
What a fool.

Its exactly this mentality that got us here in the first place
I took something completely different from the article.

One of the reasons broadband infraco was a failure was because they put revenue first. Having something like this running break even is a good thing.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I took something completely different from the article.

One of the reasons broadband infraco was a failure was because they put revenue first. Having something like this running break even is a good thing.
I get what you saying. Internet is an economic enabler.

Maybe I should change the use of words, rather than driven by revenue, it should be run like a business and not a charity.

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
be good if brains could be engaged occasionally
he is saying that they do not want to follow the model of auctioning off the spectrum for a once-off cash injection....if you think about it the millions/billions paid by operators is all recovered from your pocket, so maybe this is a good thing
...just words to be sure but at least some intelligent ones from a Minister of Telecoms

maeztro

Yes, the conspiracy theory, but...

I have often wondered to what extent the etoll project has as an unwritten goal the objective to track all citizens as they go about their business. A recent article on one of the smart cities in the US, talk explicitly about tracking as one of the outflows from free universal WiFi.

They are using it for example to activate streetlights at night when there are movement and to control traffic lights. Whereas the city is using the information for city-related activities, the providers of the infrastructure, gather information on individuals and it is unsure how and where that is going.

To what extend does the spooks see this as a way to track not only political opponents, but also the presence of individuals at rallies; and the population at large?