Broadband ought to be a regulated utility like electricity

B-1

Expert Member
I don't agree.
I know multiple people with massively successful lives that hardly use the Internet. It's easy to blame lack of education based on no Internet availability. If you don't want to learn. You won't. Finish en klaar.

A lot of people think if they are spoon fed and carried to the water they will magically be successful. The internet is a useful resource but its use for education is tiny compared to the other time wasters its known for. Besides you don't need free Internet you need access to education which a lot of mobile providers already provide a chunk of for free and many are working to adding more never mind all the other resources available.
Would actually be a nice article for Mybb to list all links you can use without data.

Last edited:

Peon

Expert Member
Coordination.

Can one argue that S Korea provides excellent coordination from gov down and laterally on education using digital communication?

Getting to what Tera mentioned. Look at it another way, if you sampled 100 students from gr8-gr12 in SA and the same in S Korea, would their viewpoints on the future potential be the same?

My hunch tells me that SA students don't/won't share the SKoreans enthusiasm. Hence their application of digital medium for education wouldn't be as much utilized. Fbook and torrents are more appealing.

I dunno, I could be wrong.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
If poor, corrupt Kenya can do it, and Russia can do it, then we can also do it.

It's up to us to make the changes we want to see.