Bronberg Fibre Amsterdam Estate

nxpress

Can anyone review Bronberg ISP?
They are the sole provider at the Amsterdam Estate in JHB,
Id like to know how their service is, particularly in the Estate?
Ive read some horrendous reviews on hellopeter,

razed

Can anyone review Bronberg ISP?
They are the sole provider at the Amsterdam Estate in JHB,
Id like to know how their service is, particularly in the Estate?
Ive read some horrendous reviews on hellopeter,
A month and a half in and I've had no downtime or problems so far to speak of. Speeds in the evenings are pretty much the same as day time, no issues to report. On 40/20.

The tech they sent for installation was good. They provide a small mikrotik that handles the PPPoE, and gives them remote support capability, and a wifi router that works fine.

The tech handed over all the install details without me having to threaten him

Had slow speeds on sunday morning and they notified me they were aware of it/tech assigned before I was (still sleeping) via sms. Guessing someone else must have moaned. Was sorted out an hour or so later.

They respond to emails in an acceptable time fashion.

There's complaints about "the wifi" being down every now and then from the other folks here, but I'm juuuust going to assume that's more of an end user problem.

Only downside so far is the lack of support to pay via credit card or view/pay your invoices online. They do debit order/eft.

Coming from adsl, then forced to rely on rain for 2 odd years which was better than nothing (thanks tellscum), this is awesome

Btw, hellopeter is for companies who are willing to be extorted to reply.

razed

Attachments

razed

Ethernet over power is just the sheize

Last edited:

abudabi

Expert Member
Got a friend staying in amsterdam. Says the service and performance is good.

nxpress

A month and a half in and I've had no downtime or problems so far to speak of. Speeds in the evenings are pretty much the same as day time, no issues to report. On 40/20.

The tech they sent for installation was good. They provide a small mikrotik that handles the PPPoE, and gives them remote support capability, and a wifi router that works fine.

The tech handed over all the install details without me having to threaten him

Had slow speeds on sunday morning and they notified me they were aware of it/tech assigned before I was (still sleeping) via sms. Guessing someone else must have moaned. Was sorted out an hour or so later.

They respond to emails in an acceptable time fashion.

There's complaints about "the wifi" being down every now and then from the other folks here, but I'm juuuust going to assume that's more of an end user problem.

Only downside so far is the lack of support to pay via credit card or view/pay your invoices online. They do debit order/eft.

Coming from adsl, then forced to rely on rain for 2 odd years which was better than nothing (thanks tellscum), this is awesome

Btw, hellopeter is for companies who are willing to be extorted to reply.
Thanks for the thorough review Razed, much appreciated

jbarker

We've been using Bromberg for the past 6 months at Amsterdam Estate.
Solid performance with little to no downtime.
The technician arrived to install at the set time and date and all went smoothly.
The hardware they provide is decent, similar to the post above.
Overall very happy considering how skeptical we were of the company at first..
They're uncapped prices are pretty good too even though they are the only provider for the estate.