Built in Call Recorder on new phones

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I have a Huawei P20 and have the built in Call Recorder running and it works perfectly.

I am upgrading this month and want to know if the newer phones like P30 & light,
P40 and variants have it built in.

TIA

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Well the P40 has no google play services, so many notifications and banking apps won’t work.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Well the P40 has no google play services, so many notifications and banking apps won’t work.
Thanks for the reminder so the P40 is out. The built in Call Recorder on the P30 and derivatives then?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Thanks for the reminder so the P40 is out. The built in Call Recorder on the P30 and derivatives then?
Not sure, I been using ACR all along without any problems, I think the fuss was people just using **** apps or not setting them up properly.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Not sure, I been using ACR all along without any problems, I think the fuss was people just using **** apps or not setting them up properly.
With which phone. I used to use ACR the bought app as well but it started giving untold shyte and didn't work at all on my P20 Huawei

FlashSA

Executive Member
All of the Xiaomi phones have built in call recording software.
No. Not anymore.

My Mi 9T was the last global rom phone from Xiaomi to have the Miui dialler which has built in call recording. Every global rom Xiaomi thereafter ships with the Google dialler and no call recording. You can't even side load the Miui dialler.

This is the reason why I will not replace my Mi 9T until call recording comes back. The other option is to import a chinese rom Xiaomi as they still have the Miui dialler.

Easy way to check: watch YouTube reviews of Xiaomi phones. Blue dialler app on the home screen is the Google dialler without recording. Green dialler app is the Miui dialler with call recording.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
No. Not anymore.

My Mi 9T was the last global rom phone from Xiaomi to have the Miui dialler which has built in call recording. Every global rom Xiaomi thereafter ships with the Google dialler and no call recording. You can't even side load the Miui dialler.

This is the reason why I will not replace my Mi 9T until call recording comes back. The other option is to import a chinese rom Xiaomi as they still have the Miui dialler.

Easy way to check: watch YouTube reviews of Xiaomi phones. Blue dialler app on the home screen is the Google dialler without recording. Green dialler app is the Miui dialler with call recording.
Or just install your own, you don’t need it built into the dialer. ACR works perfectly, R30 every 3 months.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
New iOS apparently will have it.
i have ios14 beta 1 loaded, its not there ( yet) unless the introduce it at a later stage, nothing was mentioned at the WWDC event about it either :(

Ivanr

Expert Member
I just prefer it baked into the phone software and not having a 3rd party app running in the background
Always a wiser decision as a general principle when dealing with software/apps etc.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
i have ios14 beta 1 loaded, its not there ( yet) unless the introduce it at a later stage, nothing was mentioned at the WWDC event about it either :(
It was never coming, it exists only as a debugging tool, only Apple certified technicians or hackers will be able to gain access to it.

My guess it will be used for things like network related call debugging, quality control and comparisons.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I just prefer it baked into the phone software and not having a 3rd party app running in the background
Each to his own, I am not going to change my phone choice for 1 simple littler thing that can easily be installed after the fact.

lexor

Expert Member
ACR stopped working(no 3rd party recording) on my Note 9 .

Downloaded Boldbeast Recorder and it works 100%

RedViking

Nord of the South
No. Not anymore.

Oh no!

So the Xiaomi Note 9s won't have recording built in?

Got so used to it having it with the phone I haven't even thought about checking that. 3rd part recorders are very unreliable.