Bulletproofing regulars cars in South Africa - how to do it and how much it costs

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Making your car bulletproof to protect against hijackers

South Africa is one of the most dangerous countries in the world (in terms of murder) and is considered to be the hijacking capital. On a daily basis, CCTV footage circulates on social media, showing myriad hijacking attempts on innocent citizens.

While quick-thinking individuals can save their car — and more importantly, their lives — others are not so lucky.

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
All this innovation and banks have yet to come to the party with drive-through deposits.

garp

Executive Member
It makes sense if you're moving cash, but for daily use it is a real pain. I knew somebody who had to be driven around in an armoured Mercedes for safety. An example - you can no longer lower the front windows so when you get to a parking garage the driver has to open the whole door to get the ticket which completely defeats the object, lol. The thing also handled like a 3 ton brick.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Ok cool...

So most of us can barely afford a decent new vehicle as it is, and now we need to add an additional R500k to that price to get it armoured. Do the banks finance this, and what is the resale value of your new waddling tank?

KikzAzz

I think I'll take my chances:

1. Way too expensive for me
2. Don't want to drive around in a tank