Burger King announces that some stores will now sell "a non-Halaal product"

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
BK's Bacon King is R69.90 for the burger only.

I went to my local Wimpy to see what they have for comparison.

View attachment 715307

Crispy Stack
streaky bacon with chilli mayo & crispy onion rings
1 x 90g beef patty
R54.90 burger only

View attachment 715311

Big Bacon & Cheese
streaky bacon
2 x 90g beef patty
R74.90 burger only

They also have a single bacon & cheese for R54.90.
They can add bacon to any burger for R8, compared to R20 at BK.

In my opinion, the Crispy Stack was tastier than the Bacon King, and the Big Bacon & Cheese was more filling.
I ordered the Big Bacon & Cheese at Wimpy as a takeaway but didn't realise i was ordering the burger & fries at R92.90, so it was actually too much food for me, as i had a green salad to eat it with at home and i ate it all too quickly, not savouring the experience like one should. Will try it again, burger only, not in a rush... The nearest non-halaal BK is too far from home, so maybe one day i will get to trying a BK King with Bacon.

Ate the meal at 20h30 and i still feel stuffed 4 hours later :/

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
ooh what is an angry onion ??

Thanks for that info ;)
My experience with their onion rings is not good. Tried the fierce whopper 3 times and they were progressively worse each time to a point where the last one's onions were inedible. They basically just fried onion skins and put them on my burger, it was disgusting.

I had BK onion rings in the UK ages ago and they were great, nothing like the crap they push on you here.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
My experience with their onion rings is not good. Tried the fierce whopper 3 times and they were progressively worse each time to a point where the last one's onions were inedible. They basically just fried onion skins and put them on my burger, it was disgusting.

I had BK onion rings in the UK ages ago and they were great, nothing like the crap they push on you here.
Ok... I have enjoyed the fierce whopper. As mentioned before though you need to eat the crunchy stuff quickly. So I wouldn't take something like this home.

cavedog

Honorary Master
ooh what is an angry onion ??

Thanks for that info ;)
Battered fried onion rings. Best when still crispy. Ever since they made the worst decision to now wrap whoppers in paper instead of a box they are enjoyed best right there otherwise by the time you get home they are soft. Still very tasty.

Actually the whopper itself for me is a bit bland. I don't buy a whopper if they can't add heavy cheese or angry onions. The bacon which the BK just 4km from me has is also a well received addon.

If they don't have they always fry specially just for my burger if I'm willing to wait.

Just actually one day saw on the order screen an angry onion run around on the screen holding the burger and from there always added it.

It's R6 or R7 extra I think for Angry Onions.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Angry onions. Heavy cheese. Bacon. Hmmmmm.

Any other secret menu items?

They shall be mine. Oh yes.

isie

Honorary Master
Battered fried onion rings. Best when still crispy. Ever since they made the worst decision to now wrap whoppers in paper instead of a box they are enjoyed best right there otherwise by the time you get home they are soft. Still very tasty.

Actually the whopper itself for me is a bit bland. I don't buy a whopper if they can't add heavy cheese or angry onions. The bacon which the BK just 4km from me has is also a well received addon.

If they don't have they always fry specially just for my burger if I'm willing to wait.

Just actually one day saw on the order screen an angry onion run around on the screen holding the burger and from there always added it.

It's R6 or R7 extra I think for Angry Onions.
theses Angry Onions sounds interesting - will try it next time

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
As mentioned before though you need to eat the crunchy stuff quickly. So I wouldn't take something like this home.
It wasn't the batter that was the problem but the onions, it's like they literally used all the offcut skins (the brown part) of the onion and just deep fried them - it's impossible to chew through and gets stuck in your teeth.

surface

Executive Member
Did this really happen? Well done on BDS for not having silly protests in that case.

WAslayer

Expert Member
Sounds like steers might be nothing more than scared about the business Burger king may be getting with the bacon being introduced...

JC Heat

burger king is expencive but i would rather spend the money for the meal then go to any other fast food resturant