Burger King announces that some stores will now sell "a non-Halaal product"

Pitbull

Verboten
I'm actually want to see if this will turn the company around.

Would be great to actually prove that the 3% doesn't have the buying power they claim to have. I'm beyond myself with delight at how people are consciously moving away from this Halal scam. But now we need to prove our worth and actually spend money at BK. I actually will. But if it's shyte, I still won't buy it again :D

Arthur

Honorary Master

Would be great to actually prove that the 3% doesn't have the buying power they claim to have. I'm beyond myself with delight at how people are consciously moving away from this Halal scam. But now we need to prove our worth and actually spend money at BK. I actually will. But if it's shyte, I still won't buy it again :D
I get you, and that's one possible response. I'm sending an email to their US HQ to say their local franchises have alienated this burger-eater because of their minority religious diet policies. https://www.bk.com/contact-us

Burger King Diversity Officer said:
For any inquiries regarding BKC’s diversity and inclusion efforts, please contact:

NATALIE E. NORFUS
Chief Diversity Officer

Associate General Counsel, HR & Compliance
BURGER KING CORPORATION

5505 Blue Lagoon Drive

Miami, FL 33126
diversity@whopper.com | 305.378.3889

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I get you, and that's one possible response. I'm sending an email to their US HQ to say their local franchises have alienated this burger-eater because of their minority religious diet policies.
So you can't eat a burger if it doesn't have bacon? For me cheese is the deal breaker.

Reactions: ic

Lupus

Honorary Master

Well they opened a new branch just down the road from me. As soon as bacon's added I'm there, though I've been going since they opened and given MCD a wide berth.

Arthur

Honorary Master
So you can't eat a burger if it doesn't have bacon? For me cheese is the deal breaker.
No, I don't always order bacon. But I really don't like being told I can't because it doesn't suit someone else's religious/philosophical preferences. After all, it's not a corporate policy - bacon is beeg in all the other markets I've bought BK in.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
For BK it's the only burger I really like as I find the the burger meat quite bland, the bacon just adds that missing flavour.

Would be nice if we could get the impossible whopper here sometime, I'm interested to taste those.

isie

Honorary Master
No, I don't always order bacon. But I really don't like being told I can't because it doesn't suit someone else's religious/philosophical preferences. After all, it's not a corporate policy - bacon is beeg in all the other markets I've bought BK in.
So why are you complaining they literally just announced that those branches will no longer be halaal.
Logically the only thing that will make it no longer Halaal is the bacon

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
For BK it's the only burger I really like as I find the the burger meat quite bland, the bacon just adds that missing flavour.

Would be nice if we could get the impossible whopper here sometime, I'm interested to taste those.

Yes, the irony is strong. I want the bacon and the impossible Burger LOL

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
So why are you complaining they literally just announced that those branches will no longer be halaal.
Logically the only thing that will make it no longer Halaal is the bacon
Its one thing - the other thing is that they use other non-halaal suppliers for their meat. This could also change the cost which is different to just allowing bacon on the menu.

If they allow bacon it makes sense that they buy from non-halaal suppliers... because of the saving BUT who knows.

zolly

Expert Member
Steers has really gone down the drain. Burgers are garbage and the chips at most of the outlets are not good.
Steers only ever had one good burger. The Chicken Tikka burger. They sold it when I was still in high school. Used to go every Friday with my family to get the burgers for ages. Then one day we pitched up and they told us they discontinued it.

:crying:

isie

Honorary Master
Its one thing - the other thing is that they use other non-halaal suppliers for their meat. This could also change the cost which is different to just allowing bacon on the menu.

If they allow bacon it makes sense that they buy from non-halaal suppliers... because of the saving BUT who knows.
That is a possibility , but That might increase cost ( economies of scale ) the ingredients of the halaal And non halaal area pretty much the same sans the little piggies.
I honestly think the only reason to do this is to other bacon options. They mentioned the feedback received and that's as i know the biggest issue.

Personally I'm happy about this , i have always said a franchisee should have a choice to be halaal in the same way that should have a choice to not be halaal as well

falcon786

Executive Member
You are ignorant of your own history. As already proved to you by photographs of buildings, signs and books, for over two hundred years devotees of Mohammed have also also called themselves Mohammedans. It's not derogatory. In plain English, it does not mean you worship Mohammed as a god, any more than a Freudian worships Freud or a Darwinian worships Darwin.

As to your little jab about my being molested by a priest: do I take that sort of argument as characteristic of your type? Is it yet another example of the way you operate? Pathetic, really.

Back to topic: If you refuse to serve Green people and after a few years change your mind, don't expect Green people to come streaming back. They got the message.
Except they said all were welcome,your analogy was kak off point....the green people wanted green things which they didn't have because they targeted pink people, green people complained and they listened and yet some green people who can't let go of anything are still salty....lol don't buy from them go fly to the states then.Have a safe flight ya salty wet panty.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
The South African market is just not so into these American burger brands. MCD is popular because it's cheap and there are so many of them you can literately walk between stores.

KFC on the other hand. You can open a KFC franchise right next to another one and still make a killing.

Jings

Honorary Master
The South African market is just not so into these American burger brands. MCD is popular because it's cheap and there are so many of them you can literately walk between stores.

KFC on the other hand. You can open a KFC franchise right next to another one and still make a killing.
Do Burger King burgers in America taste the same as those served to the American market?

Looking at Keith devour everything on Burger King's menu, it certainly looks different. I would actually like to try an American Burger King burger.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Do Burger King burgers in America taste the same as those served to the American market?

Looking at Keith devour everything on Burger King's menu, it certainly looks different. I would actually like to try an American Burger King burger.

Interesting, no chilli burgers in that video? My fav burger at Burger King is their Extra Long Chilli Cheese ... I wouldn't have thought it's a unique South African burger.

Lupus

Honorary Master

The ones I've had in Scotland and England are a bit different, chips were more like MCD chips. The burgers were a mix of Steers of old and BK now.

Jings

Honorary Master
Interesting, no chilli burgers in that video? My fav burger at Burger King is their Extra Long Chilli Cheese ... I wouldn't have thought it's a unique South African burger.
The ones I've had in Scotland and England are a bit different, chips were more like MCD chips. The burgers were a mix of Steers of old and BK now.
Looks like there might be differences around the globe. That would mean the items on offer by the SA franchise are just not up to scratch and nothing to do with BK being an American product.

American products are actually pretty good. Krispy Kreme has boomed since it launched a few years ago. Dairy Fairy is doing great too. And they haven't changed a thing except add one or two South African flavours.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Looks like there might be differences around the globe. That would mean the items on offer by the SA franchise are just not up to scratch and nothing to do with BK being an American product.
lolol Jings, that burger I referred to is amazeballs. Hot meat, melty cheese, jalapenos ... perfection.

Thank goodness SA hasn't brought any sourdough burgers out here from Burger King, wouldn't want that. I wouldn't say no to a bacon burger, however.

Jings

Honorary Master
lolol Jings, that burger I referred to is amazeballs. Hot meat, melty cheese, jalapenos ... perfection.

Thank goodness SA hasn't brought any sourdough burgers out here from Burger King, wouldn't want that. I wouldn't say no to a bacon burger, however.
Coming from the guy who loves Pizza Hut pizza.

But seriously, jalapenos can make a boring dish interesting. Take for example Steers jalepeno mayo burger is really darn good.

In the East Rand you're spoilt for choice on bacon burgers.