Business class lounges, Global card, ebucks, passkey etc

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hi
I know this was discussed in the eBucks thread but I can't find a nice summary right now.

Essentially, flying Emirates soon and would really like access to the BC lounge in Dubai as we have a 3 hour layover each way.
I see that PW/PC clients now get a free global account and one signature card.

Does this translate somehow into some kind of program (loungekey?) that will let us into the lounges?

Yours in hope of a little comfort after a 16 hour flight....

fanks

Jchan11hk

Nedbank PC has access to LoungeKey, 10 times a year.
Tried BC lounge in Dubai, not that impressive, just fancier food and drinks.
But better than sitting on those horrible chairs in DXB.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Hi
I know this was discussed in the eBucks thread but I can't find a nice summary right now.

Essentially, flying Emirates soon and would really like access to the BC lounge in Dubai as we have a 3 hour layover each way.
I see that PW/PC clients now get a free global account and one signature card.

Does this translate somehow into some kind of program (loungekey?) that will let us into the lounges?

Yours in hope of a little comfort after a 16 hour flight....

fanks
Get the FNB global account. 10 free visits. As you said,free on PC/PW. Use the Signature FNB Global card to sign up for Lounge Key.

Carry the card to swipe in the lounge.
Open it for international usage.

You also get access to a sleep pod in Dubai.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Get the FNB global account. 10 free visits. As you said,free on PC/PW. Use the Signature FNB Global card to sign up for Lounge Key.

Carry the card to swipe in the lounge.
Open it for international usage.

You also get access to a sleep pod in Dubai.
Thanks man

Have done so, awaiting the card now.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Also, the Marhaba lounge does not make use of the in app access card.

Carry the physical card...

adam88

Nedbank PC has access to LoungeKey, 10 times a year.
Tried BC lounge in Dubai, not that impressive, just fancier food and drinks.
But better than sitting on those horrible chairs in DXB.
I quite enjoyed the Marahaba Lounge, it has never been too busy and because its three floors up it is nice and quiet and its a good break from all the people on the plane and in the airport. Used Nedbank PC to use it too.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Also, the Marhaba lounge does not make use of the in app access card.

Carry the physical card...
Interesting. Am boarding for Dubai at the moment and plan to use the Apple wallet card tonight. Worked for me before in Singapore so fingers crossed.

adam88

I would get a Global Card to use overseas though and get access to the lounges.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Interesting. Am boarding for Dubai at the moment and plan to use the Apple wallet card tonight. Worked for me before in Singapore so fingers crossed.
They might have upgraded by now.

Online reviews state they haven't...

Snyper564

Expert Member
Thanks man

Have done so, awaiting the card now.
Cool, that's what I have. Got it two months ago all my euros chilling in there and access to loungekey just remember you cannot get a secondary card.

travcaine

I got the Global Card from FNB as well for a upcoming trip to Australia with Layovers in Nairobi and Abu Dhabi. So going to need the lounge access.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Oops. Reported back to wrong thread so here is same post again...

Sitting in the Marhaba lounge Dubai terminal 3 gate c23. No problem getting in with the digital card held in my Apple wallet. Just realising I should have tried the LoungeKey app first but at least they take digital cards.

Bon Appetit

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Just thinking we should use this thread as a place to say where it works or doesn’t in different lounges.

So FYI, Loungekey is not accepted at all in Instanbul international or domestic departure lounges.

Singapore terminal 3 is good using digital LoungeKey in Apple wallet.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Just thinking we should use this thread as a place to say where it works or doesn’t in different lounges.

So FYI, Loungekey is not accepted at all in Instanbul international or domestic departure lounges.

Good idea, thanks Spizz

Drifter

Honorary Master

Loungekey was accepted at Turkish Airlines BC lounge at the old Ataturk airport in Istanbul. They are still negotiating for lounge access at the new airport, which sucks, as I have a 4.5 hour layover there.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Loungekey was accepted at Turkish Airlines BC lounge at the old Ataturk airport in Istanbul. They are still negotiating for lounge access at the new airport, which sucks, as I have a 4.5 hour layover there.
Bummer. Had the same two weeks ago and told my wife not to worry as I have lounge access. She wasn’t best pleased

And this was the wee small hours.

Snyper564

Expert Member
On a side note I am super happy wth the global acc have all my Euro I bought at around R15 a few months back for will be travelling in two months and the rand is looking really bad at the moment. (R17)

Method

Executive Member
What does the Global Card cost on Premier?

I'm PC right now, but want to move to Premier (eBucks RL is just way easier to manage). Already have a Global Account, just wondering what it will cost if I do move.

twr

I'm.not an FNB client, what would be the cheapest way to get a global account?