Business class lounges, Global card, ebucks, passkey etc

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Just thinking we should use this thread as a place to say where it works or doesn’t in different lounges.

So FYI, Loungekey is not accepted at all in Instanbul international or domestic departure lounges.

Singapore terminal 3 is good using digital LoungeKey in Apple wallet.
You can check which lounges are supported on the LoungeKey website or on the app.

I've used the app, it's awesome. Once you register on the site, download the app, sign in, and present the digital card on your phone to to the front desk. No need to fumble around your wallet for the physical card...

travcaine

What does the Global Card cost on Premier?

I'm PC right now, but want to move to Premier (eBucks RL is just way easier to manage). Already have a Global Account, just wondering what it will cost if I do move.
The account is free, if you get the Debit Card; depending on which currency there is an annual card fee. For example the USD card is $20 annually.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
You can check which lounges are supported on the LoungeKey website or on the app.

I've used the app, it's awesome. Once you register on the site, download the app, sign in, and present the digital card on your phone to to the front desk. No need to fumble around your wallet for the physical card...
Well I was just thinking about the post earlier saying a digital card wasn’t accepted in Marhaba lounge but it worked ok for me this morning in Dubai. Also the info on the LoungeKey app is still about the old airport in Istanbul which caught me out a couple of weeks ago.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Well I was just thinking about the post earlier saying a digital card wasn’t accepted in Marhaba lounge but it worked ok for me this morning in Dubai. Also the info on the LoungeKey app is still about the old airport in Istanbul which caught me out a couple of weeks ago.
Interesting, it's updated on the website.

Jchan11hk

If you are a Nedbank Professional Banking client, you will get that Visa Signatura card, which allows you to enter the LoungeKey with 10 visits for you and your +1.

I will try to use it this Oct for my UK and Portugal trip

jman

Expert Member
If you are a Nedbank Professional Banking client, you will get that Visa Signatura card, which allows you to enter the LoungeKey with 10 visits for you and your +1.

I will try to use it this Oct for my UK and Portugal trip
Does the +1 use an additional visit, or not? I'm going to a few places in Europe next month so will test it out

Jchan11hk

I dont think so, but cannot say for sure.
Let us know when you tried out next month.

However, if your +1 has a Visa Signatura card, then setup a LoungeKey account.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Hm, this seems to suggest the guest doesn't count towards a visit

Yeah I know. I'll find out early next month and update.

Your Global debit card provides you with 10 free Lounge key visits per annum ( International lounges outside of South Africa).
You then qualify to take 1 guest with you, this will reduce your number of free visits.
Additional guests are charged at 27 US Dollar per guest.
Kind regards,

twr

ABSA only my gives 6 visits per year with dragon pass and U have to be on Premier banking

Praemon

Expert Member
Taking a chance here, but if I applied for a Global account via my Gold cheque account, would I have access to the Lounge Pass by next week Wednesday? Going to Croatia via Istanbul (I see it won't work in Istanbul), and apparently LoungeKey supports a small business lounge in Dubrovnik where I land (and will be flying back from). Can I access the lounge membership if the card doesn't arrive in time? I guess the other question is whether they'd accept a digital pass in such a small airport.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Taking a chance here, but if I applied for a Global account via my Gold cheque account, would I have access to the Lounge Pass by next week Wednesday? Going to Croatia via Istanbul (I see it won't work in Istanbul), and apparently LoungeKey supports a small business lounge in Dubrovnik where I land (and will be flying back from). Can I access the lounge membership if the card doesn't arrive in time? I guess the other question is whether they'd accept a digital pass in such a small airport.
You need the Visa Signature card to register on the Loungekey app.

You might as well look at loungebuddy if your card doesn't arrive in time....

Praemon

Expert Member
You need the Visa Signature card to register on the Loungekey app.

You might as well look at loungebuddy if your card doesn't arrive in time....
Okay, thanks. What is the usual turn-around on delivering the card after ordering?

I checked LoungeBuddy but they don't offer anything for either airports.