Business class lounges, Global card, ebucks, passkey etc

Drifter

Honorary Master
What does the Global Card cost on Premier?

I'm PC right now, but want to move to Premier (eBucks RL is just way easier to manage). Already have a Global Account, just wondering what it will cost if I do move.
Nothing, just $27 once a year renewal fee.

travcaine

For those of you that have used the USD global card from FNB. Did you have funds in the account when using the lounge key?

SYNERGY

Executive Member
For those of you that have used the USD global card from FNB. Did you have funds in the account when using the lounge key?
I think you need to have funds available. As I believe you are debited $27, and credited thereafter.

I might be wrong thou. Never used Loungekey before, just priority pass.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Oh sorry I see what you mean as in the 25usd. No I don't think you do but I'm sure others can confirm.
I got my card and transferred some euros in almost immediately so I’m not sure whether it works with no balance. I suspect it does though as I recall reading the bumph and it made no mention of balance. But you can load the app when you get your card and it will tell you how many visits you have left. So should be 10 for a new card.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
My wife and I recently returned from a trip. I used the card for both of us. We visited 3 lounges, 3 tokens were deducted, not 6.
Interesting. Good to know.

But some news on the physical versus digital card, I’m now sitting in Sapphire lounge in Jakarta domestic terminal. I asked if they take LoungeKey she said yes. I gave my digital card in my phone and she asked if I had the physical card. I said no so she wrote down my LoungeKey membership number and allowed me entry. I guess it’s down to the person or the place as whether they can be bothered with the hassle or not.

I also have a +1, a colleague I’m travelling with and she wrote on the paper 2 pax. So it will be interesting to see how or even if this gets registered.

travcaine

I got my card and transferred some euros in almost immediately so I’m not sure whether it works with no balance. I suspect it does though as I recall reading the bumph and it made no mention of balance. But you can load the app when you get your card and it will tell you how many visits you have left. So should be 10 for a new card.
My app says 10 visits yes.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Interesting. Good to know.

But some news on the physical versus digital card, I’m now sitting in Sapphire lounge in Jakarta domestic terminal. I asked if they take LoungeKey she said yes. I gave my digital card in my phone and she asked if I had the physical card. I said no so she wrote down my LoungeKey membership number and allowed me entry. I guess it’s down to the person or the place as whether they can be bothered with the hassle or not.

I also have a +1, a colleague I’m travelling with and she wrote on the paper 2 pax. So it will be interesting to see how or even if this gets registered.
The digital card is just a QR code. It's possible that some lounges have the infrastructure to scan it and others not.

Writing down your membership number is probably just a fallback process...

Spizz

Goat Botherer
The digital card is just a QR code. It's possible that some lounges have the infrastructure to scan it and others not.

Writing down your membership number is probably just a fallback process...
Indeed. They only had the means to swipe cards but it’s interesting that they wouldn’t accept that method in other lounges but they would here.

Tander

Executive Member
Hmmm,
myself and the wife are doing a fair amount of traveling this year in August / September and December - I wonder if we can also get access to these lounges?

I'll check on FNB as mentioned here.

Tander

Executive Member
Hmmm,
myself and the wife are doing a fair amount of traveling this year in August / September and December - I wonder if we can also get access to these lounges?

I'll check on FNB as mentioned here.
...and I've opened my account and ordered the card. :)

Can the wife join me in the lounges or would I need to pay extra for her?

jman

Expert Member
Anyone on Nedbank professional banking know what lounge is available for OR Thambo international departures? I knows it's bidvest lounges on the domestic side

Jchan11hk

Anyone on Nedbank professional banking know what lounge is available for OR Thambo international departures? I knows it's bidvest lounges on the domestic side
Looks like three lounges are available, but I always used the Bidvest one. I just need a place to sit down before boarding.

1560142472900.png