Business class lounges, Global card, ebucks, passkey etc

Snyper564

Expert Member
Not entirely sure where to post this but this is likely the best spot. So I have a global account. And my wife is on prem and I would like to get her one too. What is the cost per year as I don't believe its free.

Next question. I bought alot of euros two months ago at a good rate. Now she is travelling a week before me to France and I would like to send some of the euros her way. Do I a. Transfer them from my global Acc to hers,is that possible, how long would that take, rate involved? B. Sell the euro at current rate and buy her side immediately? Just as a side note it's our money. Thanks guys.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Are the lounges strict on their max stay conditions? I have a 9 hour layover!
That's dependent on the lounge operator, generally if there is a maximum stay enforced then you will only be admitted into the lounge T minus X hours before your departing flight. So a 3 hour max stay means you can only be admitted in 3 hours before your flight departure time. Better find something to do for the first 6 hours of your layover.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Hi
I know this was discussed in the eBucks thread but I can't find a nice summary right now.

Essentially, flying Emirates soon and would really like access to the BC lounge in Dubai as we have a 3 hour layover each way.
I see that PW/PC clients now get a free global account and one signature card.

Does this translate somehow into some kind of program (loungekey?) that will let us into the lounges?

Yours in hope of a little comfort after a 16 hour flight....

fanks
Three hours will go nowhere, sit at a restaurant and/or use the free reclining seats

1560241531159.png

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Are the lounges strict on their max stay conditions? I have a 9 hour layover!
Most have a stay limit or about 4 hours, but just don't ask or say anything about it. Just go in and find a quiet corner and keep your head down. If someone says something, just claim ignorance, but chances are greatly that they won't because they have shift changes, breaks and these kind of things. You'll be fine.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Most have a stay limit or about 4 hours, but just don't ask or say anything about it. Just go in and find a quiet corner and keep your head down. If someone says something, just claim ignorance, but chances are greatly that they won't because they have shift changes, breaks and these kind of things. You'll be fine.
In short don't get wasted and cause a scene :)

travcaine

Thanks all. Worst case scenario, they kick us out after 4 hours. Can we then re-enter with complimentary visits?

Snyper564

Expert Member
Thanks all. Worst case scenario, they kick us out after 4 hours. Can we then re-enter with complimentary visits?
Actually I think the likelihood is they don't let you in until 3/4 hours ahead of the flight. not kick you out after four hours.

Snyper564

Expert Member
When you order the card how long till schedule msg pops up on fnb app. Thought mine was instant my wife's is missing after two days

travcaine

When you order the card how long till schedule msg pops up on fnb app. Thought mine was instant my wife's is missing after two days
My card was delivered and then I only got the schedule message. So it seems delayed.

jambai

Seems you cant use the lounge key on global card in your home country like at say Cape town or JNB.Only abroad when you travel

twr

Seems you cant use the lounge key on global card in your home country like at say Cape town or JNB.Only abroad when you travel
Ya but that makes no sense,as you are leaving on an international trip from jhb or CPT why don't they allow that?