Business class lounges, Global card, ebucks, passkey etc

Snyper564

Expert Member
I'm not with fnb
Most banks have some form of international lounge access locally in SA. For example ABSA and Nedbank use Bidvest Premier lounge FNB Slow lounges.

So for me on FNB
Local/International in SA -> FNB CC
International abroad -> FNB Global acc with lounge key

twr

Most banks have some form of international lounge access locally in SA. For example ABSA and Nedbank use Bidvest Premier lounge FNB Slow lounges.

So for me on FNB
Thanks I'm with ABSA ,but I would need to upgrade to platinum acc and then add dragon pass for 6 visits a year

Snyper564

Expert Member
Thanks I'm with ABSA ,but I would need to upgrade to platinum acc and then add dragon pass for 6 visits a year
Yeah and you need to make the call to determine whether that is worth it or not.

Jasop

So for me on FNB
https://www.loungekey.com/en/sasignature/our-lounges

So if Loungekey happens to have a lounge in SA in the future, would FNB customers then have the choice between the Slow Lounge or that lounge?

Also, if you are travelling domestically overseas, e.g. Madrid to Barcelona, would you have access to each lounge with Loungekey?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
https://www.loungekey.com/en/sasignature/our-lounges

So if Loungekey happens to have a lounge in SA in the future, would FNB customers then have the choice between the Slow Lounge or that lounge?

Also, if you are travelling domestically overseas, e.g. Madrid to Barcelona, would you have access to each lounge with Loungekey?
Yes. I used it on an internal flight in a domestic departure lounge in Indonesia last week (mentioned a few posts back), Jakarta to Palangkaraya.

So I’d imagine LoungeKey can only be used to access lounges outside of your home country, and you use your banks program for lounges in country.

Dolby

Honorary Master
What lounge can I go in a with standard FNB Premier account?
Is SLOW lounge just a local FNB thing?

Snyper564

Expert Member
What lounge can I go in a with standard FNB Premier account?
Is SLOW lounge just a local FNB thing?
You can also enter the international slow lounge (SITUATED IN SA). The fnb global accounts allow you to enter international lounge key lounges

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
You can also enter the international slow lounge
Is that actually overseas, not the lounge in the international section at OR Tambo? ;)

When I was stuck in Schipol earlier this year and asked for the Slow lounge, everyone looked at me like I was mad.

Is it called Slow, or something else?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Is that actually overseas, not the lounge in the international section at OR Tambo? ;)

When I was stuck in Schipol earlier this year and asked for the Slow lounge, everyone looked at me like I was mad.

Slow is ZA only.

For overseas lounges you want LoungeKey - and for that you want an FNB Global account plus debit card.

Snyper564

Expert Member

clarified the response now :) no only available in SA.

jman

Expert Member
Went to some longe in Dubai airport the other day with Loungekey, but it was quite crappy. Anyone know the best one to go to for my way back?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Went to some longe in Dubai airport the other day with Loungekey, but it was quite crappy. Anyone know the best one to go to for my way back?
I went to the Marhaba Lounge in T3 concourse C last month. Food was decent and although it was fairly small it was well laid out and not too busy. One of the better lounges I've been in actually.

jman

Expert Member
I went to the Marhaba Lounge in T3 concourse C last month. Food was decent and although it was fairly small it was well laid out and not too busy. One of the better lounges I've been in actually.
I was actually looking for that one but couldn't find it, will try find it again, thanks

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I was actually looking for that one but couldn't find it, will try find it again, thanks
No probs. It's at the start of the gates on the right hand side. I asked a guy at the duty free and he pointed me to it.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
You can also enter the international slow lounge (SITUATED IN SA). The fnb global accounts allow you to enter international lounge key lounges
With Premier you can only access SLOW local lounges, i.e. for domestic travel.

With PC+ you can access SLOW international, i.e. for international travel.

SLOW lounges only located in SA airports.