Business class lounges, Global card, ebucks, passkey etc

Dolby

Honorary Master
Silly question... This Lounge Key is a similar setup to SLOW here? I can sit in comfortable chairs with free food or drink?

Drifter

Honorary Master
Yep, you get lounges and lounges. We only used the one at Varna international, was pretty crap but still better than sitting in the departure area. Slow Lounge at ORT was good, good food and lots of JW Black.

Harry85

So with my nedbank plat credit card, I can get access to one of the business lounges in dubai airport?

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've seen no Loungekey at OR?
And as they don't have SLOW International for us plebs on Premier - I'm guessing nothing can be done on OR side and only the good treatment abroad?

stocksie

I've seen no Loungekey at OR?
And as they don't have SLOW International for us plebs on Premier - I'm guessing nothing can be done on OR side and only the good treatment abroad?
Correct - there are no SA Lounges in FNB version of LoungeKey

ice_cubes

Executive Member
So with my nedbank plat credit card, I can get access to one of the business lounges in dubai airport?
I think I've also been living under a rock - also curious to know what NEDBANK can offer IRO airport lounges - I usually arrive just in time to board or go shopping to pass time

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
I think I've also been living under a rock - also curious to know what NEDBANK can offer IRO airport lounges - I usually arrive just in time to board or go shopping to pass time
According to the nedbank website, you get lounge access through a priority pass card from the amex plat charge card, or directly from a visa signature card from the professional banking (or better) account.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
According to the nedbank website, you get lounge access through a priority pass card from the amex plat charge card, or directly from a visa signature card from the professional banking (or better) account.
So basically a black card.

Or pay R4,200 p.a for an Amex Platinum card, in which case you may as well pay for the lounge visits yourself.

At least FNB's Global Account is open to anyone with a cheque account, who can then score free visits at international lounges...

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member

Or pay R4,200 p.a for an Amex Platinum card, in which case you may as well pay for the lounge visits yourself.

At least FNB's Global Account is open to anyone with a cheque account, who can then score free visits at international lounges...
Not sure about the black card since I don't have one. From the public information available, the easier option would be the professional banking option which comes with the visa signature. As long as you qualify for that account type, you get the card and lounge visits.

ice_cubes

Executive Member

Doesn't the nedbank platinum account (Savvy Bundle) come with a free platinum credit card costs already included in the package? R200 p/m fee?

Latino1982ZA

Hi guys,

I just joined this forum to read and comment on this thread :D

Anyways, I am travelling with my wife and 2 kids in December.

I have the Global Account with FNB so that will cover the entries we decide to use in Brazil and Chile. However as many have said here, we do not have access to a local international lounge at OR Tambo.

I see that there is the SLOW lounge but only for domestic flights (n)... What options do I have if I want to enter an international lounge at OR Tambo?

Snyper564

Expert Member
Hi guys,

I just joined this forum to read and comment on this thread :D

Anyways, I am travelling with my wife and 2 kids in December.

I have the Global Account with FNB so that will cover the entries we decide to use in Brazil and Chile. However as many have said here, we do not have access to a local international lounge at OR Tambo.

I see that there is the SLOW lounge but only for domestic flights (n)... What options do I have if I want to enter an international lounge at OR Tambo?
OR Tambo does have an International slow lounge you might just have to pay to access it.

Also how do think you will have access to international lounges if there are 4 of you? Unless each of you ( you and your wifre) gets a card and has one guest. Also check the airports have lounges in the specific terminals you fly.

For example I used the lounge key in madrid but flew from T3 in Paris CDG and that had no lounge so just bear that in mind.

Latino1982ZA

The lounge in Brazil allows kids under 3 years old for free and I will pay the 27 USD for my 7-year-old. My wife goes in for free with me :)
Do you have any idea how much do you pay for the international lounge access? I used to have access to Bidvest with Sanlam Reality but that account is long gone :(

Snyper564

Expert Member
The lounge in Brazil allows kids under 3 years old for free and I will pay the 27 USD for my 7-year-old. My wife goes in for free with me :)
Do you have any idea how much do you pay for the international lounge access? I used to have access to Bidvest with Sanlam Reality but that account is long gone :(
Typically R400 p/person if I am not mistaken.

wetkit

Expert Member
So you can use the international Slow lounge at ORT with a FNB Platinum card, but not in CPT, eish :(
Normally only 1 guest allowed.

You can get the wife also a card, at no cost, and then you can all 4 access the lounge for free :)

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
That FNB international SLOW lounge is really, really good. I haven't been to that many international airport lounges, but it easily beats the lounges I went to in Dubai and Madrid.