Businesses can't legally mandate vaccinations - Sakeliga

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Perhaps the unvaccinated should be forced to pay the medical and associated costs of the people they infect? Meets the criteria of negligence to me....

And extrapolating... charge them with culpable homicide if people they are responsible for infecting die.

This whole concept is them wanting complete freedom of choice without having bear any consequences of that choice is complete BS. No other part of society works like that.

Keegan89

What heart condition. How well is he going to do with Covid? He is going to get infected.
That's not the question. He is not vaccinated so he must be put in some leper colony like many are saying here? Think that is short sited.

kolaval

Executive Member
This vilification of labelling people as anti-vaxxers should stop. The people who are against vaccination didn't cause this. They will also not be a factor in stopping it. The rest have valid concerns not being addressed. Labelling and putting them into boxes only pushes them further away.

If it was a seat belt scenario, then it's your choice 100%.
But it's an infectious disease, so your actions affect me, and mine you.
What responsibility do we have towards each other in this case?

Daveogg

Expert Member
That's not the question. He is not vaccinated so he must be put in some leper colony like many are saying here? Think that is short sited.
Well the point is IF he has a heart condition that prevents him from being vaccinated, then IF he gets Covid it is likely to not end well, therefore him isolating has nothing to do with his risk to other people it's all about his risk to himself.
Having said that their is no cardiac condition listed as a contra-indication to vaccination, so maybe this discussion is moot and he is simply anti the Corona vaccine.

JohnMao

Executive Member
Plot twist: Let the unvaccinated go to the office and let the rest of us WFH. But then again they're allowed to go to restaurants and malls so they're still interacting with people there. It's just that a work place environment is smaller with more contact,

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Of course it had to be an Afrikaans organisation...Afrikaners is fokken dom /facepalm
Hallo p0es. Ja jy... jou fokken domkont.
Also sick leave. If unvaccinated and sick with covid symptoms, then you get unpaid sick leave. Or it comes off your annual leave.

If people aren't taking reasonable steps to not be a burden on the health system and the employer, then it should be at their own expense if they do get sick.
Also when in an accident without a seatbelt, drivers license, under the influence, talking on your cellphone, etc..

Fokken dink man

Reactions: Swa

Little-Mermaid

Perhaps the unvaccinated should be forced to pay the medical and associated costs of the people they infect? Meets the criteria of negligence to me....

And extrapolating... charge them with culpable homicide if people they are responsible for infecting die.

This whole concept is them wanting complete freedom of choice without having bear any consequences of that choice is complete BS. No other part of society works like that.
Vaccinated people still spread the virus. Vaccinations only helps the vaccinated become less sick.

Little-Mermaid

If it was a seat belt scenario, then it's your choice 100%.
But it's an infectious disease, so your actions affect me, and mine you.
What responsibility do we have towards each other in this case?
Go get the vaccination then and self isolate for the rest of your life because vacinated people can still get and spread covid.

rietrot

Honorary Master

What if you are vaccinated and infect someone? Are you still liable for the cost seeing as the vaccination doesn't stop you from getting infected or spreading the virus.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

Are you for real?

You do know that the vaccinated still get, and spread covid? And whilst the likelihood of them dying is lower, it appears they still die from it too.

It's morons like you who make this a mountain out of a molehill.

Little-Mermaid

@JohnStarr @Little-Mermaid @rietrot
There are enough threads debating vaccine efficacy, and I'm sure you are clever, so you can do your own research.
No need for yet another debate.

Can I just ask how many of you have had smallpox and polio?
Those two vaccines that give you immunity and viruses that are less virulent than covid? Covid which is close to the yearly flu for which we've had vacinnes for decades as well but still comes around each year covid? You are comparing apples to oranges.

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Go get the vaccination then and self isolate for the rest of your life because vacinated people can still get and spread covid.

What if you are vaccinated and infect someone? Are you still liable for the cost seeing as the vaccination doesn't stop you from getting infected or spreading the virus.

Are you for real?

You do know that the vaccinated still get, and spread covid? And whilst the likelihood of them dying is lower, it appears they still die from it too.

It's morons like you who make this a mountain out of a molehill.
1628579795410.png

So vaccinated people have not breached their duty of care in this case because they took all reasonable steps to mitigate risk and damages. Unvaccinated people chose not to. I'm applying the principle of "duty to care" here while you guys are focusing only on "damages".

If you are negligent you should face the consequences of your choices and lack of actions. End of. I would bet everything I own that you three gents would support this principle in every other aspect of society but now arbitrarily you don't want to apply the principle here. Vol kak.

JohnMao

Executive Member
@JohnStarr @Little-Mermaid @rietrot
There are enough threads debating vaccine efficacy, and I'm sure you are clever, so you can do your own research.
No need for yet another debate.

Can I just ask how many of you have had smallpox and polio?
Dude, I need 1 more jab and I am fully vaccinated for Covid. Not sure WTF you're on about with me. I was fully vaccinated as a child, and our kids are fully vaccinated.
You're directing this at the wrong person.

kolaval

Executive Member
Dude, I need 1 more jab and I am fully vaccinated for Covid. Not sure WTF you're on about with me. I was fully vaccinated as a child, and our kids are fully vaccinated.
You're directing this at the wrong person.
Possibly got a wrong one.