Busisiwe Mkwebane loses yet another court case

surface

Honorary Master
https://mg.co.za/article/2019-06-14-00-mkhwebane-has-done-it-again

The public protector has given everyone who scored from a dodgy R39-million Nelson Mandela memorial service a pass. Instead, Busisiwe Mkhwebane has found that the director general who approved the irregular payments should be held solely accountable.

Of the R39-million awarded to Carol Bouwer Productions for the event, R18-million went to controversial Durban businessperson and former president Jacob Zuma’s benefactor, Mabheleni Ntuli, who then paid some of that money into the bank account of one of Zuma’s wives, Nompumelelo “MaNtuli” Ntuli-Zuma.

Mkhwebane’s slew of bizarre findings has placed her under intense pressure in the past few months.

We need a dedicated PP thread. Yet another zuma cleared.

redspark

Expert Member
Smallanyama skeletons coming out...

Makes me sick that this was done on Madiba's grave.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Straight to court this one will go and it will be destroyed by a judge....

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Fvcking oxygen thief. She must get her ass handed to her and get booted.
POS is a anc and Zuma protector

Milano

Honorary Master
There will never be justice with Mkhwebane as PP. Admittedly with her gone there will still never be justice.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/art...l-or-ace-and-will-busisiwe-mkhwebane-survive/

Mkhwebane is an absolute risk to the Ramaphosa era.

However, respecting a rogue Public Protector is a naive political strategy. And in the brute world of real politics, Mkhwebane is an absolute risk to the Ramaphosa era. With the law of averages now on her side – having messed up gloriously a couple of times before – it is only a matter of time before she stumbles across a watertight legal case. That will be good for our democracy, no doubt. But we are not there yet and so far she has consistently demonstrated her incompetence.

Tip-toeing around the Mkhwebane issue is like playing on the tracks when the train can be heard in the distance. This matter should have been handled last term already. Now that the elections are over, and there are no official events on our political calendar in the next couple of months, the backlash will be minimal.
The advocate has demonstrated her incapacity and the political sky will not fall should the obvious remedy be chosen.
But the ruling party is concerned about the deck chairs – who runs what portfolio committee – which is also important. Until the priorities and strategies finally align themselves, Mkhwebane will continue to have her weapons all trained, clumsily. yet with determination, at the New Dawn.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
800x450

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Mkhwebane under the cosh as ex-Sars duo set ultimatum
It does not rain but pours for besieged Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane, with former SA Revenue Service (Sars) executives Ivan Pillay and Johann van Loggerenberg giving her until mid-morning to apologise to them for her alleged false and defamatory statements.

In a letter of demand sent to Mkhwebane, the duo, through their lawyers, also want the public protector to “immediately remove the defamatory statements from all media platforms, including all publications under your control (and not limited to YouTube, Twitter and Facebook)”.

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...-under-the-cosh-as-ex-sars-duo-set-ultimatum/

sox63

Executive Member
Straight to court this one will go and it will be destroyed by a judge....

Assuming the DG that's being made the scapegoat will file for review. If he does not, he has been handsomely rewarded for taking the fall in some way.

ToxicBunny

Assuming the DG that's being made the scapegoat will file for review. If he does not, he has been handsomely rewarded for taking the fall in some way.

Can only the DG file for review though? Could another party not do so on their own behalf?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The plot thickens. Seems she has a lot to hide: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...-lost-public-protector-investigation-20190619
A complaint to the Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane's office, which DA chief whip John Steenhuisen claims to have filed, has seemingly disappeared from her office.

Steenhuisen told News24 he laid a complaint against former Minister of State Security Bongani Bongo in 2017. However, Bongo said the Public Protector's office told him there was no such complaint.

Bongo and Mkhwebane's relationship dates back to 2016 when Bongo was part of the ad-hoc committee that interviewed candidates for the Public Protector position. He has been an outspoken advocate for Mkhwebane's appointment.

In 2016, News24 reported on Bongo's support, stating that Bongo said she was "right for the job as she could hit the ground running, as she had worked for the office before".

His sudden rise to Minister of State Security in 2017 also raised some eyebrows.

Three years before his promotion, he was an unknown MP in Mpumalanga, having only been in Parliament for six months. His allegiance to former president Jacob Zuma went as far as supporting government efforts to ban Jacques Pauw's controversial book about Zuma.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
But it seems just like in the Zuma vote of no confidence we are now going to have political parties defending her for no good reason in parliament. The EFF has already made their position clear as well as the ATM, I am also not expecting the ANC to speak in one voice, seem like we have ourselves a problem here.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So from an unknown MP in Mpumalanga to Minister of State Security all within a couple of years?
Yep - sounds completely legit to me...
He is not the only one who was plucked from obscurity, that is how Zuma and the Guptas operated.

R13...

Honorary Master
But it seems just like in the Zuma vote of no confidence we are now going to have political parties defending her for no good reason in parliament. The EFF has already made their position clear as well as the ATM, I am also not expecting the ANC to speak in one voice, seem like we have ourselves a problem here.
She won't be removed. Half of the ANC support her, the EFF support her and ATM support her. So all the Zuma acolytes plus EFF have her back, no way she can be dislodged.

ToxicBunny

We have a very very big problem here ... The legal precedents have been set that give her a shyte ton of power...

And its power that rightfully should vest to the position, but it gives the person the ability to massively abuse it for their own agenda if they are operating that way (which it does seem as if she is doing).

I have to wonder if there are not options for the Constitutional Court to get dragged in to somehow declare her as unfit for the position since I see it as highly unlikely that Parliament can muster the required 66% to remove her.