Busisiwe Mkwebane loses yet another court case

schumi

Honorary Master
Mkhwebane fights back: 'Successful reviews of my reports cannot determine my incompetence'

The number of reports successfully reviewed cannot be used to determine her competence or incompetence, Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane has argued in an affidavit which is part of her bid to have Parliament's removal proceedings against her stayed.

Mkhwebane also wants objectionable parts of the DA's answering affidavit struck for being "scandalous, vexatious, hearsay, argumentative, and, where applicable, irrelevant in parts".

What she wants to be struck from the DA's affidavit is a statement by Sphelo Samuel, the head of the Office of the Public Protector in the Free State, in which he accuses Mkhwebane of mismanagement and other misconduct, including her handling of the politically sensitive Vrede dairy farm investigation.

In papers, Mkhwebane describes Samuel as a "disgraced and disgruntled" employee facing disciplinary steps after he was found guilty of assault.

More at :https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...rts-cannot-determine-my-incompetence-20200320

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Public protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane has suffered yet another devastating court defeat — this time against the SA Revenue Service — and been ordered, yet again, to personally pay 15% of the legal costs linked to the case.

Pretoria high court judge Peter Mabuse e-mailed out his 53-page ruling on Monday afternoon, granting Sars commissioner Edward Kieswetter’s application for an order stating that Mkhwebane’s subpoena powers did not extend to taxpayer information.

He further ordered that she personally pay 15% of Sars’ legal costs in the case.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Has she paid the previous case she owes?

Wonder how much of that handshake she'll get, but she doesn't have it currently, think salary for public protector was around the R2.5m pa mark.
Want to see an investigation of where she gets her money from.

surface

Honorary Master
Joe Miller: What do you hate about the law, Ms Mkhwebane?

Ms Mkhwebane Beckett: I…many things…uh…uh…what I hate the most about the law?

Joe Miller: Yeah.

Ms Mkhwebane Beckett: It’s that not only occasionally, but every damn time, you get to be on the losing side. That really is quite a shame when that happens.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I am thinking all is not well with him, maybe reality is hitting him hard, I have always suspected he will have a tough time when the time comes for him to face up to all his his extended household.
Age also catching up with him. And stresses of dealing with bribes paid prior to him stepping down. The man overestimated his influence at Nasrec.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
One of the few beneficiaries of the Covid crisis:
While removal proceedings against Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane is an important matter of public interest, Parliament's renewed focus under the lockdown will for now be on the Covid-19 pandemic, National Assembly Speaker Thandi Modise said on Thursday.

She was addressing a virtual press briefing on Parliament's programme, while the country is under lockdown, with the other presiding officers when she was asked about the removal proceedings against Mkhwebane.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Can anyone remember her ever winning a case?

And costs order:
No punitive cost order was made against Mkhwebane, although she’s been ordered to pay all parties’ legal costs.

Reactions: air