Buy one get one FREE. 5G PREMIUM

Will the friend pay the other half or only the main account to pay the full amount per month? Screenshot_20220819_172423_consumer.app.co.za.rain.jpg

It's actually not a bad deal if you can split it 50/50 with a family member. That will be R500 each.

I assume the second "free" package also comes with a free to use router which needs to be returned once the deal is cancelled or the 24 months has lapsed?

It's actually not a bad deal if you can split it 50/50 with a family member. That will be R500 each.

I assume the second "free" package also comes with a free to use router which needs to be returned once the deal is cancelled or the 24 months has lapsed?
Hi @cavedog

Yes, it does come with a free-to-use router, after 24 months the service can be canceled or you can continue to use the service and be billed in full.

Only free to use sadly.

I know, I’ve seen more than a few Rain locked 5G routers there, seems the buyers there don’t learn. Other than ill gotten Rain routers secondhand 5G routers are not something you easily find in South Africa and new they are stupid expensive.

Last edited:
This was the type of speeds I got when we had Rain 5G premium, had it about for a year and had no issues really, until fibre got here. Unfortunately no public IP for online games, but for downloading and streaming it worked great! Really not a bad deal!20200806_053354.jpg

This was the type of speeds I got when we had Rain 5G premium, had it about for a year and had no issues really, until fibre got here. Unfortunately no public IP for online games, but for downloading and streaming it worked great! Really not a bad deal!View attachment 1368581

Yeah that's not bad. I used to get up to 400mbit (with the 25mbit deal) when they still had speedtests unthrottled. I'm 900m from the nearest tower with an indoor router.

Back