Buyers Remorse, New Car

Boereraat

Hi everyone

I bought a new car 4 days ago while also trading in my old car.
Plain and simple; I feel regret for doing it.

Does anyone have some experience in returning a new car?

This new car is still under 100km and like I said bought 4 days ago.

I know its not the dealerships problem, just wanna know if theres anyone who had a similar experience?

Thanks

adamr

Executive Member
Cpa applies... You should have no problem returning car

crackersa

Honorary Master
Cpa applies... You should have no problem returning car

no it doesn't unless there is a fault with the car. if the dealership cold called the OP then he can go the CPA route.

Boereraat

Thanks I'm hoping so, but theres also nothing wrong with this new car... I just something stupid that I'd like to overturn.

Boereraat

Nope it wasnt a cold call I'm afraid. Just me being stupid.
That said its still under 100km and 4 days old, so I'm really hoping for some understanding their side you know?

Im also willing to incur some costs if its reasonable

upup

Executive Member
Thanks I'm hoping so, but theres also nothing wrong with this new car... I just something stupid that I'd like to overturn.

a Friend did it, oil leak on the car.

Why did you buy it?

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
I think you will struggle to get them to take it back. What are you regretting? Instalments, maintenance, consumption, or just missing your old car? With a purchase like this, you can often feel regret afterwards, but you will soon bond with the new car... Just ask Mike Smit.

Would be interesting to know what you traded in and what you got, if you don't mind sharing.

naeem

Expert Member
so lets turn the tables around for a minute.

Lets say you are the car dealer and a customer wants to return a car for the simple reason "i regret it"

What would you do?

Boereraat

Hi there I traded in a Citi Golf for a Fiesta ST.
R80k trade in for the citi.

Its a bit of missing my old car and wanting to kick myself for sitting with extra unecessary expenses.

Stupid I know

Boereraat

Yeah I dont expect a miracle, but maybe we can negotiate you know. I can pay back delivery charges and what not

upup

Executive Member
keep the ford.
Someone I know in Welkom just bought a st. Is that you.

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
You traded up. You made a good choice in car. You are safer and you've got good handling + performance. Now the question... Can you afford the instalment? If yes, keep it and enjoy it.

FNfal

Executive Member

Its a bit of missing my old car and wanting to kick myself for sitting with extra unecessary expenses.

Stupid I know

I have the ST also , it is not for the average person , the suspension is very hard and the seats are uncomfortable but it will grow on you .( i am not a very big guy , if you are a big guy these seats will be very uncomfortable)
It goes like unbelievable after 10000 km .

Last edited:

adamr

Executive Member
no it doesn't unless there is a fault with the car. if the dealership cold called the OP then he can go the CPA route.
I'm sure there is a cool off period

I bought a audi RS3 last year on a Friday wasn't happy with the actual car returned it that Monday... Took my bank cheques back...

Hamster

Resident Rodent

Stupid I know

OR take this as a life lesson and think about it whenever you think about buying new "toys". The benefit of the new car is the maintenance plan and if you look after it it can last you a good 10 years.

zaid26

Thats a great car. You obviously liked it , to walk in the dealership in the first place.
wait till you get to a robot and see a golf, and then smoke him silly of the line and you will feel better :)