Buyers Remorse, New Car

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
No car dealership in their right mind will take the car back if there is nothing wrong with it.. by having it registered in your name, they can no longer sell it as a "new" car, so there is a knock in depreciation to take into account (prob around 10%)

If you can afford the installments then just live with it for a week, the regret will pass and you will start enjoying the car.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm sure there is a cool off period

I bought a audi RS3 last year on a Friday wasn't happy with the actual car returned it that Monday... Took my bank cheques back...

Was it a demo or second hand though? In which case I could understand a good dealership rolling back the deal without too much drama.

On a brand new car though, it's a whole different story.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
No car dealership in their right mind will take the car back if there is nothing wrong with it.. by having it registered in your name, they can no longer sell it as a "new" car, so there is a knock in depreciation to take into account (prob around 10%)

If you can afford the installments then just live with it for a week, the regret will pass and you will start enjoying the car.

Agreed. Rather go cancel your DSTv and buy less take aways to make up the costs :p

zenmeister

Forget about returning that car and enjoy that baby can you upload a picture of it.

DominionZA

Executive Member
I think you will struggle to get them to take it back. What are you regretting? Instalments, maintenance, consumption, or just missing your old car? With a purchase like this, you can often feel regret afterwards, but you will soon bond with the new car... Just ask Mike Smit.

Would be interesting to know what you traded in and what you got, if you don't mind sharing.

Yup - as QT says I had first hand experience. Traded my A6 - which I loved to bits - for an A5. I regretted it like mad and had the dealer looking out for another A6 and were willing to take the A5 back. After a little while I bonded with the A5 and now love it to bits.

Give it a little time. Sure the same will happen for you.

Boereraat

Wow, nice couple of replies guys thanks.

Yeah I'll just keep the ST, make peace with the choice. Its a great car and I can afford at least.

Thanks again

froot

Honorary Master
Nope it wasnt a cold call I'm afraid. Just me being stupid.
That said its still under 100km and 4 days old, so I'm really hoping for some understanding their side you know?

Im also willing to incur some costs if its reasonable

Some costs?
No, you're likely to lose 10-15% of the price you paid.

ToxicBunny

Wow, nice couple of replies guys thanks.

Yeah I'll just keep the ST, make peace with the choice. Its a great car and I can afford at least.

Thanks again

Good choice.. take it on a couple of long spirited drives this coming weekend, you will quickly forget the attachment to the golf, and have an attachment to the ST.

Ep27

Give it back while you have the chance.
Nothing worse than driving it everyday if you dont like it, if you dont like it at the start you might not like it in another year.

But coming from a Citi golf, any new car should feel amazing lol!

ToxicBunny

Give it back while you have the chance.
Nothing worse than driving it everyday if you dont like it, if you dont like it at the start you might not like it in another year.

But coming from a Citi golf, any new car should feel amazing lol!

If its a new car, you can't just "give" it back... its no longer new the second you drive it off the showroom floor.

Brawler

Honorary Master
You got a 80k trade in on a Citi Golf?

Holy smokes, you got a great deal you should be stoked.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Keep the ST man, I've had mine for a year now, and it's an awesome little car.

Type RSA

Expert Member
Wow 80k for a Citi Golf is really good. The ST is a much better car. Keep the ST :)

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
You traded up. In a little while you'll enjoy driving it on the highway.

akescpt

Honorary Master
how the hell did you get 80k for a city golf? pics or gtfo.