Buying a graphics card in South Africa – You’ll have to wait

Sl8er

Executive Member
Dude responds to Jay:

[video=youtube;XYSYmpVB_Ew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYSYmpVB_Ew&t=454s[/video]

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
As usual, a badly researched article. Speaking to two suppliers is by no ways representative. Usually you go to 3. And omitting the one that is consistently the cheapest is just ****ish. Rebeltech have quite a few 1070Ti, 1080Ti and 580s(12) available. They actually have quite a lot of 550, 560 and 570s available too(45). I was going to buy a 1070Ti from one the online retailers that I have accounts with, and Rebeltech was the cheapest every time. The other being Woot, Amazon and Takealot.

Come on Businesstech. It is 2018, up your game.
1070ti.PNG

1080ti.PNG

580.PNG

ambroseg1

Executive Member
As usual, a badly researched article. Speaking to two suppliers is by no ways representative. Usually you go to 3. And omitting the one that is consistently the cheapest is just ****ish. Rebeltech have quite a few 1070Ti, 1080Ti and 580s(12) available. They actually have quite a lot of 550, 560 and 570s available too(45). I was going to buy a 1070Ti from one the online retailers that I have accounts with, and Rebeltech was the cheapest every time. The other being Woot, Amazon and Takealot.

Come on Businesstech. It is 2018, up your game.
View attachment 491979

View attachment 491981

View attachment 491983
Perhaps you should do your research a little better before commenting? Rebeltech haven't got a single 1080ti in stock. Not one.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Perhaps you should do your research a little better before commenting? Rebeltech haven't got a single 1080ti in stock. Not one.
Their website says it is in stock, so it has to be. If not, the ASA should be called in. If you've been to their premises, you will know they don't "keep stock" per se. If it shows in stock, it means they will get it in a day or two at worst. They also have their supplier.

Anyway, I am not in the game of investigative journalism, but I did pop Kayleigh a mail to enquire about stock. I might be wrong, but if so, we will see by what %.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Their website says it is in stock, so it has to be. If not, the ASA should be called in. If you've been to their premises, you will know they don't "keep stock" per se. If it shows in stock, it means they will get it in a day or two at worst. They also have their supplier.

Anyway, I am not in the game of investigative journalism, but I did pop Kayleigh a mail to enquire about stock. I might be wrong, but if so, we will see by what %.
What website are you looking at? The website shows not a single one is in stock.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

They have 0 in stock, according to their website.

Daruk

Honorary Master
You can get you 100 Vegas at R11k each, don't tell me there's a shortage :crylaugh:

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
You can get you 100 Vegas at R11k each, don't tell me there's a shortage :crylaugh:

I had a Vega 64 Water cooled in my Amazon.co.uk basket the other day at around 600 pounds (worked out to R11k with shipping) - checked back the next day and it was 800 Pounds :D Should have just pulled the trigger.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
[XC] Oj101;20995265 said:
You may want to look carefully at your pictures ;)
Yup, I seem to be the one that need to have my eyes tested. Available does not mean in stock. Sorry Business Tech, I apologize unreservedly.

ponder

Honorary Master
Dude responds to Jay:
That guy is the biggest fscking moron ever. Back in the day Wendell was involved and it got nasty ending up in a law suite. Now Wendell is probably one of the smartest people I"ve come across on youtube. The guy will do linux kernel hacking and program schit from scratch. If you want to learn schit head on over to Level1Techs on youtube or their forum and you will learn a lot. If hype and BS is your thing then carry on as you were. Fsck the world became dumb as fsck!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4w1YQAJMWOz4qtxinq55LQ
https://level1techs.com/

Sl8er

Executive Member
That guy is the biggest fscking moron ever. Back in the day Wendell was involved and it got nasty ending up in a law suite. Now Wendell is probably one of the smartest people I"ve come across on youtube. The guy will do linux kernel hacking and program schit from scratch. If you want to learn schit head on over to Level1Techs on youtube or their forum and you will learn a lot. If hype and BS is your thing then carry on as you were. Fsck the world became dumb as fsck!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4w1YQAJMWOz4qtxinq55LQ
https://level1techs.com/
I have no idea what a Wendell is -and, honestly I don't really care much for what sounds like drama.
I saw Jay's clip and then I saw this guy's clip.
So I posted this guy's clip, because I can kind of see where both of them are coming from.
I'm totally impartial to the situation -at the moment- so do whatever you want with your GPU...or not...or whatever *shrug*
(-_-)

( But I'll check out Level1Techs sometime, thanks for the suggestion )