SynicalFox

Hello Fellow Forumers.

It's been a long time since my last post on the forums but I am back.

I am wanting to find out your choice of headphones?
I am busy looking at headphones for R750 (Max Budget R1000). I have a Pair of Corsair vengeance 1500 for gaming and love them but they are USB powered. So I am now searching for 3.5mm headphones to use for music listening mainly on my phone. I have in Philip SHS8000 in ear headphones and aren't looking for in ears either.

I want to know what you can recommend. Unfortunately with prices changing I cannot refer to previous threads as they are not current.

What I have looked at and considered:
Sennheiser HD 205 - II : R700/R800 (Govan Mani/Dion Wired)
Sennehiser HD 419 : R700 (Dion Wired or Govan Mani)
Philips FX3BK : R500 (Dion Wired)
Sennehiser HD 438 : R950 (Govan Mani)
Gemini DJX 05 : R350 (Musica)

Please Give Me your review/Opinion on these headphones.

Uses:*
Music Listening: EDM, Trance, POP, Deep House, Progressive House. I like Low end but don't want it to
drown the high end. (Song eg: Falling in Love will Kill You (Hunter Square Remix) ; Be Together (Vanic
Remix) ; Locked Away (Jump Smokers remix / original) ; I Found You (Matoma
Remix) ; Skrux - You and Me.
I also Liste nto Radio songs like: Love Me Like You Do & Freaks.
Movies/Series : Anime: Sword Art Online; Angel Beats; Akame Ge Kill; Game of Thrones; ETC.
* The uses will be mainly on mobile as I use the corsair on PC. (Samsung Galaxy S series Device)

I hope the forumers can help me.

I would consider Audio Technica if I can purchase them locally. Not into Shipping

Have a Great Day/s

Last edited:

squirrel

Expert Member
Had my Sennheiser 428's for over 5 years now, still working fine!

Hemps

Honorary Master
Got these for R739 when they came on special, use them with my iPhone and apple devices and the sound is awesome, Im a big Rock fan so these do nicely.

http://www.takealot.com/sennheiser-hd-439-west-headphones/PLID29397449

Pox

Expert Member
Adding my voice to the Sennheiser crowd. Still the best headsets I've ever bought.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Can't go wrong with Sennheiser. Had a pair of 212 way back and upgraded to HD380s recently. Good build and sound quality.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I just use the ones that came in the box with the phone. I just read the middle class report. I can't afford better ones.

Ocali

Expert Member
Superlux are the only headphone to get on a budget.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/202710212/Superlux_Professional_Monitoring_Headphones.html

I have used that link before and purchased from Terrys before.

Saw these this morning on MyBB.

Looks interesting and cheap. No idea about the make though :eek:
http://www.dbg.co.za/product_info.php?products_id=1134

both these look great... iv also been on the lookout for a decent set of headphones.
im thinking 1 of each... prices are reasonable enough.

Pitbull

Verboten
both these look great... iv also been on the lookout for a decent set of headphones.
im thinking 1 of each... prices are reasonable enough.

I'm seriously contemplating getting the ones I mentioned. But will have to get a BTdongle for my PC... Anyone know if they deliver?

Kensei2605

I'm seriously contemplating getting the ones I mentioned. But will have to get a BTdongle for my PC... Anyone know if they deliver?

These does look nice. Thinking can use them for watching tv. Do they give the range ?

Edit: 10m range

Last edited:

Ocali

Expert Member

I just saw a thread about Uniterm Direct delivering like a boss..

Electric

Honorary Master
I'm not trying to pushy or anything but if you guys have any sense you'll listen to me.
I have produced music for well over 13 years and have experience with quite a few different sets of cans.

Superlux is the only option at that budget.
They compare to headphones in the R4000 range due to their drivers.

Ocali

Expert Member
I'm not trying to pushy or anything but if you guys have any sense you'll listen to me.
I have produced music for well over 13 years and have experience with quite a few different sets of cans.

Superlux is the only option at that budget.
They compare to headphones in the R4000 range due to their drivers.

Nice..

I'm sold. Will place an order this evening. To bad il have to wait till mid Nov til I get my hands on it