Hi ..

Does anyone have experience with renting bikes for Ubereats deliveries in Cape Town? I’m interested in purchasing a couple of bikes to rent but would like to know more before going ahead.

Thanks

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
a friend of mine did it, it can work but can also be a nightmare. you need reliable drivers that will look after the equipment as it can become a big expense. that and there is a lot of admin involved registering a business, handling your tax affairs etc.

a friend of mine did it, it can work but can also be a nightmare. you need reliable drivers that will look after the equipment as it can become a big expense. that and there is a lot of admin involved registering a business, handling your tax affairs etc.
Thanks Steamy Tom.. I don’t mind the admin of the business registration and the monthly tax and business management.. the deal just seems too good to be true .. the numbers look really good and the ROI is super quick .. I was wondering if I was being delusional

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Thanks Steamy Tom.. I don’t mind the admin of the business registration and the monthly tax and business management.. the deal just seems too good to be true .. the numbers look really good and the ROI is super quick .. I was wondering if I was being delusional
it always looks good on paper, but you should look at worst case as well, accidents, paying salaries when drivers or injured or sick, business periods bobbing up and down, people management...

it always looks good on paper, but you should look at worst case as well, accidents, paying salaries when drivers or injured or sick, business periods bobbing up and down, people management...
Currently self employed for about 12yrs so I understand that aspect of it .. Will look into it a bit more and see what crops up

Wasabee!

Expert Member
The condition of some of those bikes is just crazy. Not sure why, but real Africa with lights barely working etc.