Buying off of ebay

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Hi All,

Looking to buy some pre-workout we can't get locally.

Does anyone have experience buying off of eBay?

Thanks!

Dan C

Honorary Master
I bought some time ago. Just check the shipping options first. You may need to use a company like Aramex global to ensure you get it quicker and safer.

ReeceDBN031

Hi All,

Looking to buy some pre-workout we can't get locally.

Does anyone have experience buying off of eBay?

Thanks!
I have bought twice now off ebay.. both items arrived.. first item was R500 or more second item was under R60.
so yea. ebay is awesome... my personal opinion and to help you out.. make a friend at your local PO.
i did.. so she bugs her friends at the hubs and updates me accordingly. :)

I've managed to get a few things off ebay via the post over the past couple of years but they were fairly low-value items (under R600) which I wasn't in a hurry for or wouldn't cry too much if they were lost. But none were.

AGS and the likes, us too, won't be able to ship foodstuffs. You'll have to risk the post office and hope Port health don't get involved.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Just check out the seller properly and make sure they have enough ratings and preferably some awards, then you’ll be fine.

Even if you aren’t fine it’s just a waste of time and you claim your money back from PayPal.

Jola

Honorary Master
eBay is fine, but the SA Post Office is a disaster ! I usually try to be fair to the sellers, and wait 5 months or so before I claim, but that is usually too late to get your money back.

So I lose parcels all the time.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
eBay is fine, but the SA Post Office is a disaster ! I usually try to be fair to the sellers, and wait 5 months or so before I claim, but that is usually too late to get your money back.

So I lose parcels all the time.
Probably luck - but I've had my last three orders delivered in under a month via post office. (One eBay - two AliExpress)

Jola

Honorary Master
Probably luck - but I've had my last three orders delivered in under a month via post office. (One eBay - two AliExpress)
Hmm, I have a few from 2017 and 2018 still outstanding.

And then I ordered a few about 2 months ago (I must have a hole in my head).

So waiting anxiously to see which ones arrive first, 2017, 2018, or 2019.

Note : I received a Feb 2019 order last week - that was really fast !!!

Oh, and comparing orders by friends in the UK and USA, I am quite sure that all of these orders arrive at the Post Office in SA within 2 weeks of shipping.